Let me preface this review by saying that we travelled with 2.5 yr old twins potty training so our needs are pretty different from the average joe. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds for about $300 a night.
I booked this hotel through hotwire as it was rated 4 stars and had very good reviews. Here's the scoop.
1. The beds are extremely comfortable.
2. The location pretty good as it's right next to the Galleria and you can access the mall without even stepping foot outside in the cold.
3. Pretty close to the sites in Boston. Not a far drive.
4. Pretty thick walls and ceilings. Cant hear your neighbors.
5. Attached garage accesssible via elevator. Valet not necessary.
6. Decor was nice if anything a little over the top. I felt like i was in Mad Hatter land.
7. Dinner at Bambara was excellent.
Here's the bad:
1. Rooms were average size, far from spacious, and bathrooms were small. It must be an old building but if you're travelling with small children, there was barely any room to move around. The tub was not the kind you could soak in.
2. Lots of dogs everywhere. Small ones and medium dogs are ok but when you see a 100lb pitbull sitting in the lobby and you have tiny kids, its a little nerve wracking.
3. The attached restaurant Bambara's breakfast is overpriced and very bad. I recommend crossing the street to Royal Sonesta's ArtBar which has an excellent breakfast and cheaper.
4. Tiny lobby. There was barely any exploring room for little kids. I prefer a larger lobby where the kids can snoop around at things when the weather's bad.
5. The coffee in the morning was watered down and flavorless. I've had better coffee at a sidewalk coffee stand.
6. No pool.
7. The beds were really high up. My kids couldnt climb on by themselves which made it a nuisance to keep lifting them up.
Stay across the street at Royal Sonesta. Their rooms are far nicer and the whole hotel feels much less claustrophobic. The price isnt much more either so skip the Marlowe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonderfully eclectic and luxurious Kimpton Marlowe Hotel is perfectly situated minutes from Harvard Square and the MIT campus in Cambridge. The waterfront location offers guestroom views of the park-lined Charles River and Boston skyline. This unique boutique hotel further sets itself apart with unsurpassed service, superb amenities and educational and cultural programs. It celebrates and reflects the vibrant sense of discovery that is quintessential Cambridge. Adjacent is the award-winning Bambara restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Kimpton Marlowe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marlowe Kimpton