We went for my teen son's PAX East conference and chose this hotel due to reviews and their pet policy. We got the Executive Suite with One King Bed so that the boys had the pull out couch and we had the master room.
- right next to green line (which in my opinion is the worst line of the boston subways, like riding a roller coaster)
- views are amazing!!!
- room was 4 stars all the way! The tub was like a hot tub with seats in it and free bath salts
- shower was amazing and gorgeous
- great chaise lounge next to window to relax and read or just enjoy views
- Free fast Wifi if you join Marlowe membership club and free $10 for honor bar food and drinks
-Coffee in the morning was a nice set up with hot tea as an option, my husband would grab a cup on his way to walk our dog
- speaking of dogs!!! they have a huge park behind hotel that is a quick walk and if you want you can keep walking down toward the bridges and water for a long jog. They have two dog bowls in the room when you arrive, they write your dogs name on a chalkboard dog in the front of the hotel (ours wasnt on there but she has a long name), they put a dog bed and organic treats in our room, and there is no fee to bring a dog as long as they dont cause damage.
-the hotel actually connects to the galleria mall if you need to grab anything (like a coat it was freezing in boston when we went)
- two televisions with connections to set up video games
-the best i mean best situation when you pull up, it's a small courtyard you turn into and they have the valet waiting, no rush. They then pull your car over to one of the many spaces and it waits for about 20 minutes before moving to the parking garage so if you forget anything you can run down before it's gone to the garage (which isnt far away and its easy to get to as well) it is so easy, just decide ahead of time you will be using the valet for $20
- we had the WORST experience at the restaurant! We went down there at like 7pm on a friday night (but it was easter weekend) and had been seated by a very unfriendly gentleman. The places was pretty empty. We 20 minutes later met an annoyed waiter who took our drink orders then disappeared for 30 more minutes. I was dying for seafood and wanted to order the scallops but sadly didnt understand what brussels sprouts leaves were (he just said leaves of brussels sprouts) and asked to exchange it for a different side, having kids and being under pressure i just said french fries. 40 minutes later another gentleman brought us the dinner and it was a bowl of fries with 3 scallops on top ( i guess he canceled out the other side) for 30 bucks. They were so good though!!!! We finished our dinner (with no drink refills) then spend 20 more minutes searching for our waiter to get the check. We ordered 2 adult meals, no alcoholic drinks, 2 kids meals, no appetizers and the check was $90. Didnt feel like a $90 meal, felt like a meal at red lobster but worse. Then we waited 20 more minutes for the waiter to pick up the check. It was truly awful my husband was boiling but trying to stay cool since the kids were so excited about their trip and on cloud 9. We never went back down to eat there and ordered delivery whenever we didnt want to go out and bare the cold winds.
- the free wine is probably the cheapest things they could fine and tasted awful
- the temperature in the room only reaches 65 for those of you who might to drop the temp in your hotel room like we do and enjoy a cold night (windows dont open)
- the comforter is feather so if you have allergies its not much fun
- no microwave as we were told we would have
- the green line...ugh...
- OH and they list they have a pool but it's across the street at a different hotel and u pay to use it so we didnt go. I think the concierge said $7 each.
*i'd stay again but only in warmer weather so I could go out for my meals easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonderfully eclectic and luxurious Kimpton Marlowe Hotel is perfectly situated minutes from Harvard Square and the MIT campus in Cambridge. The waterfront location offers guestroom views of the park-lined Charles River and Boston skyline. This unique boutique hotel further sets itself apart with unsurpassed service, superb amenities and educational and cultural programs. It celebrates and reflects the vibrant sense of discovery that is quintessential Cambridge. Adjacent is the award-winning Bambara restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, Agoda, Jetsetter, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Kimpton Marlowe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marlowe Kimpton