Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Sonesta Boston(Cambridge)
2,149 results
All reviewswine hourbambara restaurantcharles riverwine receptiona pet friendly hotelmini barmuseum of scienceshopping mallcomplimentary winecheesecake factorycambridgeside galleriaboston areaminute walkgreen linethe north endliving roomself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The Marlowe was perfectly nice--I found it a bit bland compared with other Kimptons where I've stayed, but the staff were nice and the room was fine. It was a little annoying that when I was working at the desk, there was noplace to put the tray I ordered from room service, so I had to move my laptop and notebooks out of the way--some other table or desk surface space would be a welcome addition, at least in the room where I stayed. Otherwise, no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly Z, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear Kate3671,

Though the classical style of the Hotel Marlowe wasn't what you expected, I am glad that you found the staff nice and your stay comfortable.

Finding additional space in hotel rooms is always a difficult and crafty art and I am sorry that this time it didn't work out so well. Thank you for your feedback, though and I hope we see you again and we are able to better accommodate you.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend with our dog and really enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was so accommodating, and our little dog loved meeting so many friends.

Pros:
# Friendly and effective staff.
# Our dog got his own bowls, treats, and bed. There's a small park next door for him, and a bit further he went for several walks by the Charles River.
# Room comfortable.
# Free wine hour very lovely.
# Gym with up to date equipment (be it a small gym).
# Right next to the mall where you can go to CVS, food court, and shopping.

Cons:
# Parking is expensive ($20 a night) and there is a lack of street parking in the area.
# Restaurant in the hotel is expensive and lacking.
# No swimming pool.
# Location: While the mall is okay and literally next door, there is a T stop around the corner, and you are right by the river (beautiful views), this certainly is not a hot/fun place to be. There are few good eats in the area, but if you want to go out or have a variety of places to eat, you'll have to walk a lot (1-2 miles) or take transport.

Overall we had a great stay and really enjoyed ourselves. We wanted to explore Cambridge a bit, but the immediate area was not that interesting. However transport is nearby. We would definitely come back, given the very dog friendly nature of this hotel.

Room Tip: - Top floor to avoid the noise from the banquet rooms on the 2nd floor.
Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seafoodben

Dear seafoodben,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad we were able to make you and your little dog comfortable. And at least the mall next door offered a few things you needed right close by.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We started a 3 week trip to America with 4 nights at the Marlowe Hotel. It is very well maintained and decorated. The staff are very polite and helpful, I had problems with the internet coonection which they assisted with. It is well located by the river which makes for a nice walk after breakfast! There was a problem on the morning we departed in that there was a power cut throughout the whole hotel which was not resolved before we left. This meant staff having to come up to our room with a torch as the corridors were pitch black and carry our suitcases down the stairs! The restaurant in the hotel was also very pleasant. Boston is a beautifull place to visit, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kimberly Z, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Marlowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

Dear jvonslow44,

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. And the walk along the canal is wonderful, isn't it! I hope the power outage wasn't too bad for you. We hope you come back on your next trip the the US!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We returned to the Hotel Marlow due to the excellent service we had received on a prior trip! And again they did not disappoint. Not only do they offer their human guests the highest level of service but they also cater to the canine guest as well. We knew we were in a special place when we drove up and saw the dog treat bowl and the names of the current dog guests written on the welcome board. Staff at all levels display friendly service, followup and attention to detail. The decor is lush and comfy and we enjoyed the daily wine hour from 5-6. The value is excellent and we will return!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Kathy C,

Thank you for coming back! We love taking care of families and don't think the 4-legged members should be excluded. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Marlowe the night before an important business meeting in Cambridge. The morning of the meeting, I realized that I did not have any dress shoes. I had arrived late the night before after driving in and was an old pair of tennis shoes. I was in a pickle, because my meeting started at 7:30 AM. I asked the front desk for advise on what I could do, and Chris Demilia, who works at the front desk, asked me what size I wore. When I told him, he said, "So do I" and offered me his shoes! I was shocked! I had no other option but to take him up on it, and I sure am glad that I did, because the morning meeting evolved into a one on one meeting with the VP of sales! I would have looked very foolish in my suit with an old pair of tennis shoes! Thank you Chris for going above and beyond the call of duty! You certainly demonstated the kind of service that is hard to come by.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin R R

Dear Kevin R R,

Customer Service is one thing, but you are right, this was the very definition of Above and Beyond. And thank you for letting everyone know what we can do.

We all hope your meeting went well! Let us know the next time your here.

All the best,