“Adequate, location not perfect”

Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Rooms clean but not sparkly. Needed more things like night table, tissues in rooms etc to make it more like the Hiltons that we stay in. Located pretty far from Harvard (not walkable) if that is the purpose of the visit

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is pretty good. The problem with my stay was the heating. For some reason there was a draft in our room. I think next time I might also pick a better location. We had to take taxi's to the convention center. One of the Taxi's did not even notify the hotel staff to let us know it was waiting for us. Then the taxi driver charged us while he was waiting!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Nicholas O:

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the draft and heating issue you encountered in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to address the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. I have shared your taxi experience with our front desk staff, as well as the taxi company, and we will work together to prevent similar situations moving forward. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to the area.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

While traveling on business to Boston, I stayed at this Hampton Inn location. It was in a great location to restaurants and to my meeting destination. The lobby area was a little depressing and minimal, but it appeared that the hotel was undergoing rennovations, so I'm assuming that the lobby area will "perk up". They could have really used a restaurant or bar area.

Otherwise, everything was great! The rooms were exactly what I come to expect from Hampton Inn - clean, great beds, and consistent. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Upon my return home, I realized that I lost my folio receipt. I called to the hotel and one was promptly emailed to me within 10 minutes - perfect! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear VolsFanForever:

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We appreciate your comments.

You'll be pleased to know that our lobby renovations have been completed and we love the new and improved look! We hope you will visit again should your travels bring you to the Boston/Cambridge area.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a college visit trip for one night. True to the Hampton Inn by Hilton Brand - very clean and comfortable beds. Good free breakfast. Excellent Fromt Desk Staff person - wish I had recorded his name. Free parking - rare in this area of Boston. Did not check the workout facility on this trip. Close to the T as well.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear carsofdistinction:

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough review of your recent visit to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge. We truly appreciate your comments and hope you will visit us again. Be sure to check out our newly upgraded JumpStart Fitness room with cardio equipment by PreCor as well and strength and conditioning stations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here using points. Booked our reservation late so we had the last room in hotel which was a small handicap access room with one bed that I would swear was a double. The manager was willing to come up and "show me the tag on the mattress that it was a queen". Please.

On the plus side Hotel has been completely renovated, and it's hard to tell it's not new. Great lobby, free garage parking and pretty good free breakfast.

But location is not the best. Driving to this hotel, you feel like you're going to the "other side of the tracks" in Cambridge.

So this one's a mixed bag. Can't really recommend as there are many other superior options in the Cambridge area. I guess it you are like me and want to use points, you can't complain too much.

Room Tip: Don't get handicap access (unless that's what you need).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear BackinNY:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest feedback on our location and guestroom appointment as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We hope you will return to stay with us again the next time you visit the area so we can show you the continued quality accommodations you expect from our brand.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Although we normally stay in Boston proper, last minute trip to visit daughter precluded staying at either of our two favorites (Marriott Courtyard Copley Place or the Boston Park Plaza Hotel.) The Hampton Inn Cambridge is a fairly new hotel, in the "typical" Hampton Inn style. The room itself was fairly large, nicely furnished, and generally superior to that of your "basic" Hampton Inn - furnishings were a more classy dark wood, and not a scratch on them. Carpets looked brand new, bathroom as well. Bed was extremely comfortable and soft. Room even had a sofa, which I believe could also fold out to a bed. Heater unit was strong, but not overly noisy. Room Wi-Fi (free) was pretty quick. Free indoor basement parking. Breakfast bar was typical, but well-stocked, and four different types of hot coffee. Front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly. Only minus' were that Business Center was closed during my trip - nowhere to print something out; and that hotel is on the edge of a semi-deserted rail yard / industrial area (back of hotel faces this.) The latter was a minor issue when my wife and I wanted to walk to a nice pub / restaurant. Desk clerk indicated just make a right on Cambridge Street - though we saw lots of small Pizza-type restaurants, walking to an area of Cambridge where there are "full service" type restaurants or pubs seemed like we were qualifying for the Boston Marathon - much further than we would have liked on a cold winter night. You may want to drive, or as the Green Line "T" Subway Station (Lechmere) is almost across the street, you'd probably be better off going back into downtown Boston for dinner. Nonetheless, for a place with a nice and very, very clean room, free indoor parking, and convenient to mass transit, this is a very nice hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear - the "Industrial and Railway Yard" view - were actually pretty qui...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LIGINI
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear LIGINI:

Thank you for such a thoughtful, thorough review of your recent Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge visit! We love hearing about our guests wonderful stays, and I'm glad that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Boston/Cambridge!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The front desk staff here are some of the finest there are. GREAT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. I had to stay for a business convention at the Hynes Convention Center (5 miles)- I took the T in to the area avoiding the traffic, each morning the hotel had a breakfast that was a great start and each and every time I had a request or question the staff went out of their way to be helpful- I would have stayed closer in the city and probably had paid more, however the staff here made suggestions about saving on travel time by the T being across the street. If you are traveling for business I would highly recoomend this hotel and take the T in to Boston is a much easier plan getting around. The staff here are some of the finest in the business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicholas H
BOSCB, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Nicholas H:

We're thrilled you enjoyed your visit and most especially our wonderful team! We're very lucky to have a fantastic team committed to providing our guests with an exceptional stay.

We look forward to your return visits and thank you again for your kind words.