“Best Chinese in North Cambridge”
Review of House of Chang

House of Chang
Ranked #253 of 666 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Reviewed November 23, 2014 via mobile

After my first six months in Cambridge and trying three or four places, I can confidently say this is the best place for Chinese takeout in Cambridge, by far. It is a little pricy, but well worth it.

The homemade sauces are the best, and quality of the meat and veggies they order is superior.

To top it off, the service is great. They are friendly and make sure they get the order right. Once when they didn't they made a second trip to deliver the right item and let us keep the wrong one from the original delivery at no cost.

Order once and you won't get Chinese from anywhere else.

Reviewed October 29, 2014

Was in town for a Convention near the Harbor. Decided to explore Cambridge one afternoon and stopped here for lunch. What good fortune. I love hot spicy food and this restaurant was just the ticket! The restaurant was clean and comfortable. The owner and her staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food was absolutely fantastic. I had the firecracker chicken and it was HOT and delicious. The food was so good that I traveled all the way from my hotel near the harbor to Cambridge for another meal. During my stay in Boston I ate a several fine restaurants, but my two best meals were at the House of Chang. The next time I'm in the Boston area, I plan on heading back.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice, not expensive, and a bit chaotic. We enjoyed it and will return. Small (10 tables), nicer inside that it looks outside.

1  Thank Kevin_from_Boston
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Went here on Saturday, 4/19/14, with in laws, who have been here a few times over the past few months. My father in law needs to eat gluten free and House of Chang can accommodate him. We were a party of 10, with 5 adults and 5 kids (8-16 y.o.) and the bill came to $219, with gratuity already added. This included dinner meals and several appetizers. I felt the prices were very good, as was the food. My kids have good appetites and were all satisfied with the servings. All adults enjoyed their meals - Chow Foon (chicken), Sesame Chicken, Chicken Lo Mein, and Garlic Lo Mein. With my father in law being a somewhat regular customer, the owner brought out a couple free appetizers (maybe dropping $200 had something to do with it?). The owner, who's name escapes me as I type this, was very nice. The restaurant was about half full during our mid-afternoon meal, and she (the owner) made time to stop and chat at each of the tables. From the conversation at one table, it sounded like they were return guests as well. The neighborhood seems safe and walkable, not too far from the Harvard campus. I would go back again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great Dim Sum (awesome dumplings) and a very friendly staff! We only had the dim sum, but everything on the menu looked great. I love when it seems like most of the patrons in a restaurant are local regulars. Will definitely go back!