“Amazing Hidden Spot”
Review of L'Impasto - CLOSED

L'Impasto
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 27, 2014

L'impasto has become my favorite spots. It's to the point that I never want to eat italian anywhere else because it never measures up. The food is truly excellent. It is simple, good, classic food done to perfection. The fresh baked bread is also amazing, and every time I've gone I swear they have a new type to try. My boyfriend and I frequent this place very regularly, and we've been reluctant to tell too many people about it because we're afraid we won't be able to get a table anymore!
The prices are very reasonable, the food is delicious, the restaurant is cozy, and the staff is always kind. Check it out and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank BirdyLoo

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our neighbors raved about this tiny Italian restaurant and they were right. We went there to celebrate my birthday. There are no reservations - only about 8 tables and four for sidewalk seating. (it is on Mass. Ave., a busy street, so we sat inside-try to get one of the 2 window tables for more privacy.) I selected a special of succulent Maine lobster, smothered in mussels and clams over a pasta. Totally delicious. They make their own bread, and we devoured the whole basket. I also had a glass of the red wine special and don't recall the name, but it was excellent and a very generous portion. If you want an informal, but cozy environment and fabulous food, head for L'impasto-the owner is from Italy and knows who to cook!

2  Thank Sherpa92
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

This gem was recommended by friends. We had 4 different entrees, all excellent. The desserts were just as good. Better than the North End!!!

2  Thank gasdoc
Reviewed March 8, 2014

What a gem! Cozy italian restaurant with delicious food and a great value! Chef Ricardo uses all local and fresh ingredients to make all of his dishes. I went with my family and EVERYTHING we ate was fantastic, from the homemade bread to the apps, entrees and dessert. You can't go wrong! Our waiter Kevin was friendly, energetic and knowledgeable! Thank you for a great evening! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Vanessa C
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great fresh swordfish and homemade pappardelle at a fair price! Same with the cannelloni and stuffed zucchini flowers appetizer. Mediocre wine at $10/glass. Have water instead. Need tablecloths and a better wine selection.

2  Thank MikePNJ