“amazing, intimate... and bread for home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cambridge, MA
“amazing, intimate... and bread for home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a tiny place where you see the chef and feel a connection to the food. Everything is homemade and fresh. Appetizers are perfect- great burrata, fried zucchini blossoms-- whatever is special that day. White/mushroom lasagne was best ever. The tiramisu with berries is to die for. They only had 1 dessert and that was all they needed; plenty for 3-4 people to share a lovely last bite. Their bread is fantastic and at the end of the meal they usually select a loaf for you to take home. It is crowded on weekends so go early or late.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank davidsol1

Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
“Top notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went here with my wife and another couple and can't stop thinking about this place. The bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to start was great. We also ordered the cheeses and meats appetizer with a bottle of red wine to share. Everything was great. For my entree I ordered the salmon special and it was amazing! One of the best cooked pieces of Salmon I've ever had. No kidding. My wife got the ravioli which was delicate and tasty. I even managed to have a piece of chicken parm from our companies plate. After being the last ones to leave on a Friday night, the owner came over and brought each couple a huge piece of bread to take home. It was a special night and I can't wait to go back! Food and Price are top notch!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Eric S
ct
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Arriving at 4pm at our hotel, we were told the room was not ready. After drving from Connecticut we were hungry and wanted Italian food. We also did not want to deal with traffic and parking in the North End. We found this little place and had a terrific dinner. They have a small but well rounded choice of wines and the Italian blond beer was served well chilled. The dinners were steaming hot and the pasta freshly made. The restaurant is small but reminiscent of a small Italian cafe. The bread must have a secret recipe for taste and softness. To top it off we had wild berry Tiramisu that was like none other. Definitely a must eat and the bill was less than a chain restaurant. An amazing delight!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank sheshechu1
newton
“Dynamite Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Terrific small restaurant in Cambridge just north of Porter Square on Mass. Ave. food is terrific and the breads, which are made there, are absolutely wonderful. And if they have any left over, they give you a loaf to take home.

Visited April 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Food is great, can't wait until they can serve wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I finally decided to try this local restaurant even though we knew we could not get a glass of wine with dinner. The food was quite good- I had ravioli and my husband had eggplant lasagna. The fresh bread was very tasty. We were lucky enough to be present on the night one of the owners got married and he was kind enough to share a bite of his Italian Wedding cake with us for dessert.

We will be back, but probably not until they can serve wine (which I hear will be any day now as they were recently approved for a liquor license).

Visited May 2012