“As Expected”
Review of Catalyst

Catalyst
Reserve with OpenTable
Catalyst is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

As expected for a trendy urban spot. The highlight is the "Undecided" cocktail. Give the bartender your base spirit and any non-negotiable ingredients and let them have at it. The menu is pretty standard; quality fare and service, but nothing to distinguish it from any other trendy spot.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went thinking I was going to love this place. The facility is beautiful no doubt. We sat at the bar and waited for more than 15 minutes before being acknowledged and this was 5:30 at night on a Tuesday....stike one....
We ordered a recommended bottle of chamagne which was lovely.
We then ordered a bunch of sides along with the tuna tartare....they arrived in minutes which means they were all premade and waiting. They were good but not great or screaming hot. The fries were certainly not memorable.
And the Tuna Tartare was roon temp, not my favorite. I prefer it really cold.
We shared a main course of scallops which was fine.
For the price we paid, there are many other great restauarnts within walking distance of the Catalyst.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant in Kendell Square, home of the Geeks. At first, looking at the photos, I thought it looked too industrial but once inside especially the area near the bar is warm and buzzing.
The second visit, we were seated in the back room. We were the only ones there except for one other table. By the time we left , the room was packed. The tables are not set so close to another that you can hear their conversation. The oysters are Divine, The swordfish , the best I've had.
The desert, a creamy concoction was a perfect end. Our waiter was knowledgeable.
My only criticism was that they don't serve digestives of Calvadoes and Armagnacs

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I attended a group meeting at Catalyst. The group was seated at a single large table. it was wide enough that you could see people at both ends. The room was bright and airy with plenty of space on either side of the table. The accoustics were excellent with no noise from outside the room and it was easy to hear the conversation at the table. The food and service were also very good.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

There dishes are well balanced and full of flavors, together for a reasonable price. I definitely recommend there cookies plate, a must with an espresso, almost like a cafe gourmand! One drawback: would be even better if they changed there menu more often, especially in an area where most customers must be returning guests.