“Not what I was hoping for...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Veggie Galaxy

Veggie Galaxy
Ranked #21 of 625 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Diner, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Stratford, Canada
“Not what I was hoping for...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love going to well respected vegan restaurants with meat-eating friends for two reasons. First I love going to a place where I can eat anything on the menu and secondly, they usually open the minds of those I go with. I wish I could say that about Veggie Galaxy. All 3 of my dinner companions had black bean burgers and the consistancy was unpleasantly mushy, although the flavour was nice. One friend ordered onion rings which were undercooked and still coated with raw batter on the inside. I had the club sandwhich, which was alright, but certainly not spectacular. The sides of salad and potato salad were unimpressive as well.

Of the pluses, the atmosphere was great, the fries were delicious and my vanilla frappe was the best drink I've had in ages.

• Visited March 2013

Massachusetts
“Tasty vegan retro diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stopped into this Central Square diner a few times now for both lunch and dinner. If you don't like vegan food, or thought you didn't, I suggest you slide into a booth at Veggie Galaxy and get your misconceptions about vegan food thrown out the window. Most recently I was there with five other friends so our table was strewn with a wide assortment of dishes. I had the special broiled eggplant on a bun with cheese and it was delicious. Others had the seitan, the mac & cheese, the mushroom burger and some even ventured into the frappes, vanilla and chocolate. Everyone's plate was clean and any thought of dessert had to be satisfied with to-go slices of cake. The service was attentive and friendly and some members of our party made a connection with our server over the old school hip hop playlist that was entertaining us. Our party of six especially liked getting the rounded corner booth so we could all talk to each other.

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not exactly healthy but very good diner food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This seems to be a very popular restaurant- 20 minute wait for dinner. I can see how non vegetarians would enjoy the food as well. There is a lot of variety on the menu. Staff is very open to making substitutions. Portions are large and filling.

• Visited February 2013
Haifa, Israel
“vegetarian delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had dinner here for the first time! Marvelous experience. An old diner - now vegetarian.... comfortable old-fashioned seating. Varied menu. Veggie and vegan. Excellent food - selection and seasoning top notch. Service equally good. Prices reasonable. On the noisy side - place was full. Breakfast menu available all day. A pleasure to find such a good vegetarian restaurant. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best of Boston!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Vegan or non-vegan, this place is absolutely delish! This is one of the only vegan restaurants in Boston that I confidently bring non-vegan friends. The "Inman Square" chickpea burger is fantastic -- all meals come with an arugula side salad with super refreshing dressing and the most delicious potato salad. You can get breakfast all day -- pancakes are to-die-for.

-or-

You can just go here for dessert. You will NEVER believe the cheesecake is vegan. Best cheesecake I've ever had!

• Visited January 2013