Open today: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $24.00
from $24.99
from $20.48
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2017

Anyone needing to relax muscles, warm chilled bones or feel more buoyant this is your serene spot to soak. Jean-Pierre is premier massage therapist with a peaceful soul. Skillfully outwits stubborn tension spots, helped my neck many times. Side note: for wonderful story ask how his parents met.

Date of experience: May 2017
Jo G, Owner at Inman Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review!

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Now granted you are there for the massage and not a spa, but still, fir me, the entire experience is about relaxing, SO a nice side room with music and water and tea would be nice. I am a seasoned traveler and have had massages all over the country. I like to get into the relaxed mood before the massage itself.
As far as the massage goes, Daniel did a nice job. He listened to the areas I mentioned that needed the most attention and backed off anytime he hit a tender point.
The friend that came with me did not have a good experience but I will let her handle her own review.
Since this is a small privately owned business, I am sure the owners will want to hear suggestions for improvement and remedy any inappropriate situations.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Barb R
Jo G, Owner at Inman Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for your candor. We appreciate all reviews and feedback and do our best to reply and accommodate when we can. Cambridge is really limited on space- so while we would LOVE to have an extra room for pre and post massage relaxing, alas, it is not possible for us at this time. As far as your friend goes, we hope they will (if they haven't already) be in touch with us to allow us to address any concerns. That is of the utmost importance to us! We thank you for giving us a try and wish you the best in all of your future travels.

Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

I have been to spas all over the world. This is a very special place with the kindest employees. Wish I could make it here more often.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This spa really gives you an island feel. My boyfriend and I had booked a fiber glass hot tub. It was very relaxing, though one side of the tubs jets pressure was lower than the other. You get a private room with a shower and robes. Nice touch! They also provide a canister of water with cups. I would recommend bringing your own music and soap to use afterwards.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank Keynah
Reviewed May 27, 2014

So here’s what I imagine …

Sometime in the future, a visitor in Boston or planning a trip to Boston will think about that famous Freedom Trail, all 2.5 miles of it. They’ll think, “Gee, we’ll experience all that history! Boston is so walkable. We’ll do the Freedom Trail, and by the time we’ve poked around a few of the sights along the way, we’ll have probably walked closer to 4 or 5 miles. We’re going to be tired and our feet and legs will ache. What can Boston do for us then?”

Answer: Make an appointment or try your luck at the drop-in service. Hop into a cab and ride to Inman Oasis in Inman Square on the Cambridge|Somerville line. Grab a private hot tub for up to four people, or join the community hot tub. Don’t be afraid. This is a friendly and professional hospitality service. Oh, yes, you can also get a massage.

I gave a trip to a private hot tub to my partner as a birthday gift. Turns out, I was the person who received a gift. She already knew about Inman Oasis. The pleasure of this surprising Cambridge business was all mine to discover.

The entrance to Inman Oasis is set back from Hampshire Street (which is Beacon Street, just a few blocks away when it enters Somerville). There's a good sign making the place easy to find, and then a pleasant alley leading up to the front door.

Inside the lobby, staffers efficiently register you, handle first-time newbie forms, and snap whatever music you've brought (CD, iPod, iPhone, etc.) into their house music system. For our hot tub, we were shown to a room with ample hooks and clothing racks, a sizable shower to rinse off before and after the tub, and stereo speakers hooked into the sound system. Our chosen music was playing. Rest rooms are down the hall and terrycloth bathrobes are provided should a bio-break be needed.

You leave your shoes in the lobby, and you leave your music at the sound system, which is also controlled from the lobby. Everything else goes into the hot tub room with you.

The tub itself was spacious with lots of jets, good water pressure, and 104-degrees of soothing and surging H2O washing all around us. It was heavenly. Platforms around the tub make exiting and breaks from the water easy to manage.

The tub is rated for four people, and four people would be quite comfortable in the tub we used. We were told the other private tub room is a bit smaller, so if you're in a group of four, try to request the larger tub room.

Leaving Inman Oasis was just as easy and efficient. Hospitality was a maxim for the loyal and long-tenured staff. They really like what they do! Our staffers were Mike and Eileen (or Illene?). They were helpful, kind, and friendly.

Date of experience: May 2014