Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Relaxing Soak

While visiting Boston, we wanted to spend some time relaxing and soaking at a spa. We found Inman... read more

Reviewed March 8, 2018
natcpl2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
via mobile
Oasis & oxytocin

Anyone needing to relax muscles, warm chilled bones or feel more buoyant this is your serene spot... read more

Reviewed August 4, 2017
catz86
Cambridge, Massachusetts

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Cambridge
from $14.00
from $24.99
from $24.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2014

So here’s what I imagine …

Sometime in the future, a visitor in Boston or planning a trip to Boston will think about that famous Freedom Trail, all 2.5 miles of it. They’ll think, “Gee, we’ll experience all that history! Boston is so walkable. We’ll do the Freedom Trail, and by the time we’ve poked around a few of the sights along the way, we’ll have probably walked closer to 4 or 5 miles. We’re going to be tired and our feet and legs will ache. What can Boston do for us then?”

Answer: Make an appointment or try your luck at the drop-in service. Hop into a cab and ride to Inman Oasis in Inman Square on the Cambridge|Somerville line. Grab a private hot tub for up to four people, or join the community hot tub. Don’t be afraid. This is a friendly and professional hospitality service. Oh, yes, you can also get a massage.

I gave a trip to a private hot tub to my partner as a birthday gift. Turns out, I was the person who received a gift. She already knew about Inman Oasis. The pleasure of this surprising Cambridge business was all mine to discover.

The entrance to Inman Oasis is set back from Hampshire Street (which is Beacon Street, just a few blocks away when it enters Somerville). There's a good sign making the place easy to find, and then a pleasant alley leading up to the front door.

Inside the lobby, staffers efficiently register you, handle first-time newbie forms, and snap whatever music you've brought (CD, iPod, iPhone, etc.) into their house music system. For our hot tub, we were shown to a room with ample hooks and clothing racks, a sizable shower to rinse off before and after the tub, and stereo speakers hooked into the sound system. Our chosen music was playing. Rest rooms are down the hall and terrycloth bathrobes are provided should a bio-break be needed.

You leave your shoes in the lobby, and you leave your music at the sound system, which is also controlled from the lobby. Everything else goes into the hot tub room with you.

The tub itself was spacious with lots of jets, good water pressure, and 104-degrees of soothing and surging H2O washing all around us. It was heavenly. Platforms around the tub make exiting and breaks from the water easy to manage.

The tub is rated for four people, and four people would be quite comfortable in the tub we used. We were told the other private tub room is a bit smaller, so if you're in a group of four, try to request the larger tub room.

Leaving Inman Oasis was just as easy and efficient. Hospitality was a maxim for the loyal and long-tenured staff. They really like what they do! Our staffers were Mike and Eileen (or Illene?). They were helpful, kind, and friendly.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have had two messages at Inman Oasis, and one private hot tub booking. both messages were excellent. the staff were keen for my feedback, and clearly card about my wellbeing and satisfaction. It has a earthy crunchy vibe. Many products are from the EO line.

Date of experience: October 2013
1  Thank HMBoston
Reviewed June 6, 2013

For my 30th birthday I rented the community tub for 90 minutes to share with 7 friends. During that time we have the whole tub, nearby shower and changing rooms to ourselves and were able to bring our own music. They provided plenty of water, towels and soft robes!

Each person took turns getting massages. We only had to commit to 6 chair massages for the group for have the whole space, but some folks went for reasonably priced 30 minute massages as well.

It was perfect! I wanted to do a spa day but at many other Boston location the massages start at over $100. I really appreciated that there was an affordable option so people weren't forced into paying more than they wanted to participate in the celebration.

The space is unique, clean, well lit and relaxing. The owner spent a lot time over the phone and email organizing the day and massage schedule so it all came together perfectly. Everyone raved about the quality of the massages.

I would recommend this place for individual relaxation as well as a fun group event!

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank Mo C
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Though it opened in 2005 I had never heard of this place until recently. I was lucky enough to experience an invigorating massage by Tamyka and a soak in the community pool. This place provides many extras from cool drinking water in the hot tub to private changing areas, robes, towels, hair dryers, shower products, lotions & more. There is a spa-like feel to the Oasis. I would certainly consider myself lucky if I get to go there again and would request the same massage therapist.

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank Jelymir
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a great spot to go with friends, a significant other, or just on your own after a long day. I've been to some other hot tub places elsewhere that had a spring break in Cancun vibe (ugh), but the vibe of this place is very health-oriented and peaceful, which is perfect. A friend and I went to relax and recharge, and this totally hit the spot. We used the community tub, which is lovely (although it's not handicapped accessible - the tub is tall and there are several stairs to get into it). The space is very attractive, and kept very clean by the staff, who were very friendly and welcoming. The community tub is deep enough to sit there up to your chin in muscle-relaxing warmth. By the time I left, I had a red-faced lobster-y look and a delicious sense of euphoria - and all that for 10 bucks! It's a great, inexpensive way to work out some muscle tension or just treat yourself. I am also told by the friend who brought me that she got the best massage of her life there.

Date of experience: November 2012