2,219 results
All reviews henrietta's table bathroom mirror harvard square great location kennedy school legal seafood room service luxury hotel visiting harvard health club new england wonderful hotel comfortable rooms fitness center cambridge area enjoyed my stay business trip
Reviewed December 13, 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the Charles, which was an excellent location for my visit to my family and also to visit colleagues at two universities. The staff was excellent. Breakfast was very good in an informal atmosphere..

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alex A, General Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you find our staff so friendly and accommodating. We look forward to having you with us many more times in the future.

Alex Attia

Reviewed December 12, 2017

I grew up in the Boston area, and went to high school in Cambridge down the river from this storied hotel. Sometimes I'd even stop in with some homework en route to the T. I told my sophomore self that as soon as I'd begun making the living I'd wanted for myself, I'd celebrate by staying at this hotel during some future visit back home. That celebratory stay took place a couple weeks ago, and it couldn't have exceeded my expectations more thoroughly.

I was delighted to discover upon check-in that the Charles had accommodated my last-minute high-floor room request. The room itself was as comfortable and cozy as it was offbeat and academically inspired. The clock was my favorite feature. Superb staff, excellent restaurants and access to a first-rate gym/pool. But my favorite feature about this hotel the way it takes full advantage of its ideal location; all its entrances and exits lead through a beautifully-designed and inviting common lounge area, with ample space both indoors and outside for Boston's winter and summer weather.

Worth every penny.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you John for sharing such positive feedback about your most recent stay with us. We're delighted to hear that your celebratory trip was a success and are happy that your stay and accommodations exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next trip to the Cambridge/Boston area soon.

Alex Attia

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Excellent location (in the heart of Cambridge), excellent restaurant (especially the breakfast menu), very confortable rooms (large, great bed, clean) and very nice and professional staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2017

Great property! Location ideal for a weekend visit with friends to see my daughter in a Harvard university musical performance. All the conveniences of a quality hotel. Appreciated the dining and bar options. Will definitely consider The Charles for future visits.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2017

We booked a room at the last minute and were lucky to get a great rate; it made the Charles Hotel an especially good value. The rooms are newly redone and are up-to-date and very comfortable. The staff members are cheerful, friendly and very helpful. A great location near Harvard and with very close access to the Red line. An excellent hotel! We will return.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple