2,219 results
All reviews henrietta's table bathroom mirror harvard square great location kennedy school legal seafood room service luxury hotel visiting harvard health club new england wonderful hotel comfortable rooms fitness center cambridge area enjoyed my stay business trip
Reviewed November 25, 2017

We stayed for three days and experienced both the hotels restaurants, and the offerings in walking distance. The hotel rooms are very nice and comfortable. Zero things to complain about - just a great and enjoyable stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2017

The hotel could not be more conveniently located. I wish I could permanently live in the small room I used during my visit. I would definitely use The Charles again. The location is ideal for walking around Cambridge and Harvard, and the staff were very friendly.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2017

The Charles is the best hotel in Cambridge and the only one to which I look forward to staying! It is pricey, but off season there are some discounts that make it ok. The rooms and staff are perfect. I highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2017

For my birthday, my husband gave me an overnight at the Charles Hotel. I checked in with an indifferent, brusque clerk and went to my room, which was a $365 suite. My husband called to say that he had talked with the concierge when reserving my room and had ordered chocolates for me. None in room--maybe, I thought, they would be delivered later.

At 10:50p, my phone rang. Two different times. I was asleep, of course, and decided to ignore it. Then there was persistent knocking on my door--the Do Not Disturb was ignored--and a woman said she was delivering something for me. I refused to open the door. She finally gave up and went away.

I complained in the morning to the desk clerk. He agreed that chocolates at 11p were not acceptable. He had no idea how that happened.

Staff has a pervasive tone of indifference, not friendly at all, cool, abrupt, and poorly trained. Any complaints fall on deaf ears. I would not stay at the Charles again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2017

As in past years, the staff of the hotel efficiently checked me in and out, letting me spend more time in my business meeting nearby. At the end of a long day, it was a pleasure to return to a quiet, comfortable, nicely appointed room for a great night's sleep.

• Trip type: Traveled on business