“Love this hotel !”
Review of Charles Hotel

Charles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel to be by Harvard Square. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Our room is very well decorated, generous size, particularly when compared with some nearby boutique hotels. We had a great view of the Square. Very nice exercise facility. This has become our go to hotel for cambridge stays.

Stayed: March 2014
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and everything the area has to offer.

If I can assist you in any way, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent Service. Clean, new looking rooms and common areas. Two great restaurants inside hotel made for great meals with the convenience of not going out when tired at the end of a grueling day of business. Staff treated us as if we were family. Bed was as comfortable as any I've tried, and oh yes, there is a TV in the bathroom mirror! Also, we had business south of downtown Boston, and the commute was just 15-20 minutes, so I was pleased at spending less than what a downtown hotel would cost.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay as well as your interactions with our staff. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team.

If I can assist you further, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great Location for college visiting.Walking distance form Harvard square.Room accommodations very good.Conected rooms were available.Wifi free.
Valet parking 38 $$$.Self parking 36$$$!!
Come on!!!Even for Harvard Square thats unreasonable.
One more thing.Asked for valet for our luggage upon checkout,waited for 20 min, and basically had to drag them my self together with our 3 kids.Not very happy after that .
Just go for the location.If you can afford Harvard you can afford this…

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. I am sorry our services did not live up to your expectations.

If I can assist you further, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The best hotel in the Harvard Square area. Comfortable rooms, always accommodating staff, attentive service. Henrietta's Table serves a hearty breakfast and lunch, Rialto is great for dinner. We've stayed many times.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including your time spent dining with us and the comforts of your guestroom.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

If you want to stay in Cambridge, MA near Harvard Square, the Charles Hotel is the place to stay.
It is not only convenient - walkable to everything - but it is excellent. The rooms are comfortable, the service is friendly and the cost is not unreasonable. Parking and a gym/pool club are included with the room - as well as free internet access.
It also has 2 good restaurants on site.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the courtyard, some of Harvard Square and others of the Charles River - al...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. As always, access to our pool and gym are complimentary, as well as free internet access, however, parking rates vary depending on room package.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great location to visit colleges with my daughter. Younger daughter sad that the pool was only open to kids 3-5. We just missed going. Room service excellent as well as the valet service. Lobby was under construction but it wasn't an issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as your time spent dining with us. We appreciate your patience during our construction and want to thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Charles Hotel Harvard Sq. is my to go hotel when I go to Boston. Park the car and off you go to the sq. The last time I stayed at the hotel they are in the process of renovating the lobby was not a big deal. The room which I usually stay in is showing it's age. Just little things like toilet running all night, door handle loose, one of the tv's stopped working next morning. I really enjoy staying at this hotel the staff is helpful, the food is good. I just hope once they complete the lobby they move up to the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as your time spent dining with us. I also appreciate your suggestions for improvement regarding guestroom improvements and will take this into consideration.