“good times!”
Review of Charles Hotel

Charles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed November 21, 2013

A great hotel that includes a nice location for visiting relatives in Cambridge...a little tricky to reach but worth the effort. This hotel offers a great breakfast at Henrietta's Restaurant, a wonderful indoor pool and some nightly entertainment in the jazz bar....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from your time spent dining with us to our services and amenities.

If I can assist you in any way, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

There are newer reviews for Charles Hotel

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We celebrated my parents' 50th anniversary here, and booked about 7 rooms for a weekend. Rooms were very nice, old-world, though not great for kids. No modernisms like microwaves or mini fridge. The kids did love the TV in the bathroom mirror, however.
4 stars because very pricey, and everyone in my family got quoted different prices for the same weekend.
Great location, excellent, though expensive, organic restaurant in lobby. Hired in house for catering and private room for the dinner, and they were very accommodating, with excellent food and wine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Charles Hotel and am thankful for your feedback. I appreciate your kind words regarding our guestrooms and dining options. Please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com if I can assist you further.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

right in the heart of Cambridge with everything close to hand, staff were very helpful and informative. The student area is buzzing and you must visit Harvard Square.
The Hotel has Henriettas Table situated to the rear of the Hotel and the food there is superb.
Cant wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including your time spent dining with us, and everything Harvard Square has to offer. If I can assist you in any way, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles Hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I love The Charles... it's my favorite place to stay in Boston. The hotel is comfortable, quiet and in a great location in Harvard Square. Henrietta's Table has a really good breakfast, Rialto has a fabulous dinner.

The Charles is in American Express' Platinum Card Fine Hotel program and in my experience is one of the most reliable hotels for getting room upgrades. The dining credit and free breakfast are very nice as well.

The only downside is that the free wifi there is pretty creaky... sometimes very slow, with the nag screen coming up frequently.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your recent visit to The Charles Hotel, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate your suggestions for improvement regarding our Wi-Fi and will take this up with the appropriate department.

If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Charles in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a work trip so we didn't choose the hotel ourselves, but we were very pleased with the location, room and service. The feature that I especially enjoyed was the access to the hotel's book shelves. They were filled with interesting books about the area as well as novels, many written by authors from the New England area. I hadn't quite finished the book I had borrowed before I was due to leave, but the staff at reception told me to take it and post it back when I was finished. I really appreciated this personal service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including our guest amenities as well as your interactions with our staff.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Charles has a great location in Harvard Sq. But, if Harvard Sq isn't your focus, stay elsewhere. The rooms are very small, do not have a refrigerator, nor a coffee maker. The bathrooms are tiny and have the least possible wattage bulbs. You will need a flashlight to shave or apply make-up! The food in the restaurants is good, not great & the service is slow. Additionally, the room prices are very high - even by Boston standards.

In short: If you have to be in Harvard Sq for an extended time, the Charles is a great location, But, if you are just going to visit Harvard Sq. for a few hours, stay elsewhere in Cambridge or Downtown & take the subway/MBTA or taxi as required. You will be richer, happier & better looking!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Charles Hotel. I am sorry to hear that your guest room did not live up to your expectations. I regret the circumstances that prevented us from providing you with the superior service that you expect and deserve. If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com.

Thank you again, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Charles in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Rooms are not large but well appointed, concrete structure not that warm and welcoming but...the staff certainly is. Henrietta's is terrific. Great way to get the flavor of the university; thoroughly enjoyed our stay

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
sdevenne, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time dining with us at Henrietta's Table as well as everything Cambridge has to offer. If I can assist you further, please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon!

Alex Attia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Boston Harbor Hotel
#5 of 84 in Boston
Downtown
InterContinental Boston

Been to Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!