Charles Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Veritas(Cambridge)
  • Pool
1,983 results
All reviewshenrietta's tablebathroom mirrorharvard squaregreat locationroom servicelegal seafoodvisiting harvardhealth clubluxury hotelnew englandwonderful hotelfitness centercambridge areacomfortable roomscoffee makerenjoyed my staybusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Charles Hotel is located right in the heart of Harvard so if this is your destination, it is a fantastic hotel. The rooms are amazing - we had the 'entry level' King Room, but it was just wonderful. Quiet rooms, comfy bed and real attention to detail make this a great place to stay. we ate out most evenings because the restaurants are a little over-priced and stayed compared to the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Harvard square. Most staff were sensational, although the Concierge was not at all helpful for my wife who was keen on doing some shopping. Her advice was basically incorrect on most occasions!! No tea and coffee in the rooms, but discovered you can get it outside the restaurant. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at The Charles Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us as well as everything Harvard Square and the surrounding areas have to offer. Regarding in-room coffee, you may request a coffee maker for your room and one will be delivered (based upon availability). Thank you for your comments regarding your interactions with our concierge and I will share this with the appropriate team members. If I can assist you further, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you at The Charles soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed here before and it continues to be a quality hotel.It is like a small united nations, melting pot and if you sit in the lobby I am sure everyone will ultimately pass through, in academics and Biotechnology.
I never think it is particular good value for money but it is all about location, location, location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as our diverse clientele. Please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com if I can assist you in any way. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

....for the $400 a nite, could there not be a coffee maker in the room? This really infuriates me: when I called to ask if I just didn't see one, they told me that coffee is complimentary in the lobby until 630AM and after that, free in the restaurant, which was only a few floors down from my room. I said: "so I have to get dressed to get coffee, when in a Motel 6 I can make it in my room in my pajamas". No response. I will not stay here again because of this; a small convenience for travelers makes a world of difference, at little cost to the hotel. Think again, management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience brought upon you regarding the lack of a coffee maker in your guestroom. In addition to the complimentary coffee in our lobby and at Henrietta's Table, we do offer coffee makers in your room upon request, and based upon availability. If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Charles Hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Close to the University, and right in the heart of the student zone of Cambridge this hotel is clean, the service is good, and the outdoor bar in the summer is quite a delight.

The staff are wonderful and very helpful. The distance to many of Boston and Cambridge sites is short so not necessary to spend a lot on cab fares. The rooms are a bit small but not "European" small. Bed, and linens perfectly clean. and interior is very comfortable.

Would recommend a room away from the street and outdoor bar area (including legal seafood) in the courtyard to avoid night-time noise

Room Tip: A room away from the courtyard that has legal seafood is ideal during the summer to avoid exceesive noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit to The Charles Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your interactions with our staff, the cleanliness of your guestroom as well as everything the surrounding area has to offer. If you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. The service was terrific and it was very clean and comfortable. I loved the TV in the mirror in the bathroom. It rained during my visit and the umbrella in the closet was very much appreciated. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at The Charles. I am glad you enjoyed everything from the service received from our staff to the umbrella in your closet. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team. If I can assist you further, please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles Hotel sometime soon.