“Styed for some nights.... Had a greate time!!”
Review of Charles Hotel

Charles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

A couple of nights ago, me and my family were in the Charles Hotel. Just to start with boston is a beatuful city with all sorts of kinds of things to do. The hotel is super clean. Greate service at all times. Theres three restaurants/bar. 1) The Noir: The noir is a bar/ launge with music and refreshing drinks.
2) Regattabar: A nice bar/restaurant with tasty food.
3) ( I don't remember the name) It serves breakfast. Around the corner theres the greate legal seafood. I hope you enjoy yuor stance in the charles

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Iniodri
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time spent at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time in our restaurants and bars as well as your interactions with our staff. Please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com if I can assist you further. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles in the future.

Alex Attia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Reliable Internet connection, Convenient indoor parking (a rarity in Cambridge). Restaurant has great reputation (though didn't try it this last time). Apples and candy always available at front desk -- and greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself as well as the amenities offered. If I can assist you further, please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles sometime soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Charles was THE place to stay when I was a college student in Cambridge in the late 80s. Upscale, great service, nice (if a bit small) rooms. However, I have stayed there several times in the past year when returning for alumni events, etc., and each of my stays has been disappointing. The rooms and especially the hallways are dated and in need of refurbishments. The service is lacking for a $400/night hotel. Example: No turn down service on my room which resulted in my waking up when the sun rose (right outside my window). I called the front desk to ask if there was a turn down service and was told it was provided only upon request. Of course, when I called to make another reservation I was told it was standard. Another annoyance for a pricey hotel: the hotel bar stays open later than the local pubs which means the crowd of drunk college kids moves to the Charles' lobby after midnight. I was that drunk college kid 30 years ago, but now I'd prefer something a little more classy for this price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wilrob

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding The Charles Hotel. I appreciate your suggestions for improvement and will take these into consideration. Guest satisfaction is our top priority here at The Charles and we are constantly working on improving. I am sorry you did not receive the experience you expect and deserve from us. If I can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Charles in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Charles Hotel is a very nice hotel within Harvard Square. Very clean and updated, but we visited during the hot and humid summer and their AC wasn't as efficient as we'd like. Rooms were very warm, even at night while sleeping and public areas weren't very cool, either. The only spot that we found to be cool and refreshing was the hallway to the parking garage where the executive offices are located. If they fixed the AC issue, it would be a top notch hotel, in my opinion. Everything else was great!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to The Charles and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for informing me of the air conditioning matter and I have addressed this with our Director of Engineering. Please know that guest satisfaction is our top priority here at The Charles and we are constantly working on improving. If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at The Charles 4-5 times a year for the past 15 years. It's better than ever.
Staff and service are friendly and efficient.
Location is superb - minutes from Harvard Square, close to freeway into Boston and to i90
A center of gravity - venue for business meals, meetings, conferences
Calm and comfortable atmosphere adjoining JFK park
Rialto restaurant and bar are excellent
Surrounded by other good restaurants, including Legal Seafoods
Regular refurbs and decor refreshing
Access to outstanding Wellbridge gym
No-nonsense free wi-fi
My only 'beefs' - the shower fixtures produce a trickle and there are too few power plugs in the rooms for today's multiple-device traveler

Room Tip: Corner rooms have windows on 2 sides. Most rooms are quiet - even near well-concealed elevators
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your visits to The Charles Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay as well as everything the surrounding area has to offer. I appreciate your suggestions for improvement and will take these into consideration. If I can assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles Hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Charles many times a year for business and pleasure. It has become a "second home" for us. We love the Charles for its pleasant rooms, friendly, courteous and helpful staff and location. While it may be on the higher end of rates it is worth it. The restaurants in the Charles are also wonderful. We never use the pool or fitness area but they are top notch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words regarding The Charles Hotel, our staff and your time spent dining with us. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of everything the surrounding area has to offer. Please contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com if I can assist you further. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles Hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

You can't beat the great location in the heart of Harvard Square. The staff is friendly and always helpful. There are a lot of restaurants on site,my favorite being Henrietta's which offers local, organic food at fairly reasonable prices.

There is no coffee maker in the room, but there is complimentary coffee and tea at the entrance to Henrietta's. You have to call in room dining for ice service, but it's usually prompt. They have free bikes you can rent and ride along the Charles or Cambridge.

I have worked with this hotel to book large groups, and they are very professional and accommodating.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor- it can get loud outside at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Charles Hotel. I appreciate your kind words regarding your interactions with our staff as well as your time spent dining with us. If I can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles Hotel in the near future.