“Superb”
Review of Charles Hotel

Charles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. I've stayed at a lot of nice places and this is one of my favorites. It is both charming and modern. Excellent location, great service, comfortable beds. Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Charles Hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding our location, beds and the service you received. Please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com if I can assist you in any way. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Charles Hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The rate I got at the Charles was fairly expensive ($400 p/n) and whilst it wasn't really worth that much, it certainly wasn't far off.

The staff are superb and very accommodating, the rooms are large and well maintained, with the hilarious plus of a TV in the bathroom mirror so you can watch the news whilst brushing your teeth.

The restaurant on the 2nd floor (name escapes me) does a good value breakfast.

If I was travelling near Harvard again, I wouldn't feel the need to look elsewhere, I'd go straight for the Charles.

1  Thank Colm D

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, guestrooms and amenities. I also am happy to hear you enjoyed your time dining with us. Feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com if I can be of any help to you. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Charles sometime soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spent 9 days here in July 2012, hotel staff are very polite and accomodating. Not cheap, but consistently very good. Clean, comfortable lots of choices for food and drink, plenty of nearby restaurants on and off premises.

• Stayed: July 2012
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words regarding your stay with us. I appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff, the services you received and your time spent dining with us. I am also glad you were able to enjoy everything Harvard Square has to offer. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Charles Hotel sometime soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The staff at the front desk was not friendly. The room was okay but the overall experience was not good. Concierge did not help us with local places to go. The food at the restaurant was also not great, even came with a hair on our plate. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Charles. I am sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your time with us and the concierge was unable to assist you. I also am sorry that you received an unappetizing meal. I regret that you did not receive the experience you deserve from us and I will share your comments with the team. Please know that guest satisfaction is our top priority here at the Charles and we are constantly working on improving. If I can assist you further, please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Charles Hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Very good location, very good staff, nice rooms and suites. 2 great restaurants, however service at Henrietta's is fairly poor, Rialto is great.
Front desk staff have a slight attitude - need to be a lot more accommodating. Need to improve room service substantially. Trays left in hallways not picked up for hours. Computers are outdated. WiFi is free but not reliable - varies from floor to floor. Temperature control within rooms is not very predictable.

• Stayed: July 2012
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear your interaction with the Front Desk did not meet your expectations. I also apologize for your dissatisfaction with room service, your time spent at Henrietta's Table and the temperature control in your guestroom. Regarding the Wi-Fi access, our system was recently updated so this should no longer be an issue. Please know that guest satisfaction is our top priority here at the Charles and we are constantly working on improving. However, I appreciate your kind words regarding our location, staff, your guestroom and Rialto. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Charles sometime soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Loved it. Can't say anything negative about it! Everything was superb and location was perfect. Farmers market on the weekend on the grounds was wonderful! Food at Henrietta's was dynamic! All staff was very friendly and extremely helpful!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ejstefan, General Manager at Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at The Charles Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time spent dining at Henrietta's Table as well as everything the surrounding area has to offer, including the farmer's market. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. Please feel free to contact me at aattia@charleshotel.com with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Charles in the near future!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Charles Hotel is conveniently located to the action in Harvard Square. The rooms are well appointed, albeit not in a W kind of way. I kind of think the value versus the cost is a bit out of line and you can do better. The hotel has nice rooms and common areas with a nice bonus of inner courtyard tied to other properties. If you absolutely need to stay close the Square, this is a very good choice for business people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard for a peaceful sleep