All reviews central square illy coffee presidential suite star market mit museum lobby bar restaurant recommendations nice hotel room number hotel restaurant massachusetts avenue street parking have stayed here many times college visit nice room business hotel beds were comfortable
Reviewed May 13, 2016

I sometimes have trouble finding a reasonably priced room in Cambridge and Le Meridien always comes through with a high quality stay at a reasonable price. The room is sleek and comfortable. Try the fresh-smoked salmon in the restaurant -- it's worth the stay for that alone!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2016

Stayed for 6 nights while attending a conference, my first time in Boston.

Hotel is convenient with access to Red Line of Boston Underground, about 4 stops from Downtown Crossover

Room was spacious and clean, and area appeared very safe. Supermarket next door.
Lots of restaurants nearby within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2016

The word seems to already be out on this place in looking at yelp reviews and some here but I am here to warn people against staying here, particularly if you are bringing pets.
Situation: I live about 15 miles from Boston/Cambridge and my husband and I decided to stay near city overnight as a getaway and to go out in the city. We chose this hotel for 1 reason and 1 reason only - it accepts pets. We didn't want to saddle my in-laws down with a 2nd dog since they were taking our baby and other dog (who is old and basically takes care of himself). The pet policy online stated a deposit of $150 would be taken and "will be returned" upon housekeeping clearing the room. So, I booked a non-refundable room. We arrived a little after 3PM, dog in tow. The policy I signed regarding the pets was completely different from what is on the Starwood website. However, it didn't specifically outline damages for noise complaints and what was I to do? Cancel the room and lose the money on the room? We got assigned a room a few doors off of the elevator. Fine. After putting dog in the room (our dog who is 8 pounds and does not bark, even at the mailman) we left the room around 3:35PM to go to the lobby and have a drink and meal. The service started off slow but improved and we enjoyed the drinks and food very much. We left the hotel at 4:30 to head out of town for 2 hours for a birthday. At 4:45PM, I get a call from the front desk stating our dog had been barking "non-stop" and they had received "multiple" phone calls of complaint. Horrified, but also perplexed as to why we had not been notified the entire hour that we were in the lobby, I called my father in law, who lives about 7 miles from the hotel and he headed in to pick up the dog. He texted us at 6:01 PM confirming he had the dog. He also added that when he got off of the elevator, he did not hear the dog barking or crying. He did hear him start barking when he approached the door. Unexpected as our little guy isn't loud and we would never have brought him along if we thought he would bark...lesson learned. The next day on check out, we were notified that they were planning on retaining our pet deposit because "they had to comp multiple guests." Well, this isn't what your policy states online at all and the written policy on checking in is ambiguous as to whether damages would be collected for noise. The staff and management my husband attempted to work with was rude and argumentative. OK. Several phone calls later (after broken promises to call back) they refunded the pet deposit. However, the front desk manager, Kyle, insisted that the timelines were different and it took 2 hours for us to retrieve the dog out of the room. I told him the timeline that I shared above (first call to us at 4:45 PM, father in law texted from outside the hotel that he had the dog at 6:01PM) and I asked why weren't we called earlier ? he said that the front desk only got the first call of complaint at 4:45!! So, the front desk lied to us because they were unable to manage the situation effectively.
Lessons the hotel needs to take from this if it wants to survive in this business
1. Make sure policies are consistent across the board
2. Apply them fairly or you ARE in violation of Massachusetts' Consumer Protection Act
3. Place dogs on dog friendly floors or in rooms at the end of the hall to minimize potential of dog barking
4. Be polite to your clients
5. Do not lie to your clients

This is a poorly run hotel. Nothing special either ---- bed not particularly comfortable. I will NEVER stay at a Le Meridien again - I have had better service at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Nora B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Boston Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2016

Dear melissamclean79,
Please accept my apologies for the challenges that occurred during your stay with us at Le Meridien Cambridge. We have reviewed the events and policies with our management and Front Office teams in order to better handle situations such as yours moving forward. If we can be of any further assistance, please email nora.burns@lemeridiencambridge.com or call (617) 551-0308. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

It is easy to get to Harvard, MIT, Tufts, BU and Northeastern from this location. There are also a number of restaurants within walking distance. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel looked relatively new. The valet parking was pretty steep at $40 per night but I think self parking was $35 so it wasn't too much more and definitely more convenient.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2016

Le Meridien, is a large, modern, commercial hotel, but it feels residential and intermit. Located near MIT on a quiet street, the hotel is an easy walk to MIT, Harvard or accross the Charles River to downtown Boston. Our walk to Fenway Park was about 30 minutes and if you don't want to walk there is an MBTA stop only a few blocks from the hotel. Also, there is a public garage next door or you can valet park. The rooms are will equipped and the staff very friendly. There are many Cafes and Pubs in the area which is fun to explore. I will definitely stay at Le Meridienthe next time I go to Boston.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family