“Best place to stay in Cambridge” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Bed & Breakfast in Cambridge

A Bed & Breakfast in Cambridge
Ranked #18 of 19 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Odense, Denmark
“Best place to stay in Cambridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

The only reason that this doesn't get 5 stars is that it is way overpriced. With those rates, one would expect a fancy hotel, but this B&B offers something quite different than that. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Location is great, with a 10 minute walk to Harvard Square, metro, and restaurants. With only three rooms, you actually get a chance to get to know the other guests. There is a shared bathroom, but it is very clean and organized. Rooms are very cosy, with great Wifi connection. The vegetarian/organic breakfast is amazing and gives you an opportunity to talk to the manager Byron who will make you feel that this is your home away from home.
The building is old, there is nothing luxurious about the rooms, and the walls are quite thin, but the hospitality is out of this world. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank anne m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

A Bed & Breakfast in Cambridge is a lovely B&B set on the 3rd floor of a traditional home. My son & I spent 5 days there while exploring the city.
- Room: our room felt smallish because we had 2 twin beds, however it was extremely comfortable. In particular the bedding is super nice with down comforters and pillows. The room was very quiet and we (over) slept supremely well. The towels we were given were thick and most excellent. We had lace curtains and antique furniture.
- Floor: There were 2 other rented rooms on the same floor and we shared a common bathroom. This was never a problem. The bathroom was very well maintained. If a guest wanted to reserve it for a shower at a specific time, there was a small chalkboard where they could write their need.
- Innkeepers & service: the inn was managed by the owners Doane & Karen, and the innkeeper Byron. They were very attentive, available, and very interesting conversationalists. They know the city very well and can give you advice. Doane & Karen were away for part of our stay, and Byron did a splendid job. putting us at ease, cooking the delicious food, and going out of his way if we needed something. Breakfast was served at 8:30am and prepared fresh every morning: consisted of homemade delicious healthy items: crepes or corn flapjacks with yogurt, homemade jam or marmalade, pure maple syrup, fresh fruit as well as coffee of course and an assortment of tea choices. We appreciated a bit of flexibility in the timing of breakfast as we were catching up on sleep.
- Amenities: in the hallway of the 3rd floor there was a small library of resources related to the city and to Massachusetts: maps, guide books, pamphlets etc We used one of the books to plan an outing to the North End and look up the Freedom Trail. I enjoyed in particular leafing through a book on the local architecture. There is a gym just across the street that welcomes non-members after 6pm for a $6 fee (they have exercise and weight machines, and a swimming pool). That was very convenient. The wifi internet connection was reliable and very fast.
- Location. The location is a great asset. The B&B is a 5 minute walk from Harvard Square, walking through the Harvard Yard. Coming into the city, we had a free ride on the Subway from the Airport. Harvard Square has countless nice restaurants, bookstores, small shops as well as street performers. From there it is very easy to catch the subway to any other part of the city. Cambridge/Boston also have a well established bus system so it was very easy to get anywhere.
If we visit Boston/Cambridge again we would love to stay again at the Cambridge B&B.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Aida Y
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

It is obvious that Byron's, Karen's and Doane's passion is hospitality. During our stay they listened, facilitated and helped us to find our way in the B&B, Cambridge, and the surroundings. We had booked the West-room which is on the back of the house next to the kitchen and in front of the bathroom. The rooms were very clean and cosy. We had good nights' sleep. At the breakfast we were nicely surprised and enjoyed of a freshly and delicious gently-simmered poached pears as starter and home-made and crispy baked Craps (crepes) rolled around banana slices and served along with yogurt and strawberry sauce. Heaven on Earth! We stayed for a week and therefore had the chance to taste the yellow and blue corn versions of the crepes. Our stay in Cambridge was, in particular, special because Byron was very helpful and had interesting and engaging conversations during the breakfast on health, history and life. He is a great cook and professional lodging-house keeper. He was also very flexible and kind with the time of the breakfast. Early breakfast was carefully and on-time served such that we could attend the conference avoiding the traffic congestion. We also got three worthy advices on places to visit: the Walden Pond, the USS Constitution Museum and the Restaurant ‘Tu y yo’ in Somerville. These places were easy to reach given the strategical location of the house. We had great time and hope to be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank 2013_Shirley
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had a great time here during my stay in September. Byron was very helpful and made sure that our stay was as good as it was. The breakfast was great. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a place in Cambridge or Boston area. The public transit is also very good making it easy to get around town,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Joseph B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent a week staying at this B & B for a work trip- and I'd strongly recommend it to others.

IT's a beautiful old building, located in one of the most picturesque parts of Boston, and walking distance from great restaurants and Harvard Sq.

The owners and the manager also really care about you having a good experience, and making you feel welcome.

The B&Bs real secret weapon though is Byron, who is the live-in manager.

Each morning he personally cooks each guest a delicious breakfast of blueberry crepes or corn pancakes- and takes care to make sure that the recipe is adjusted exactly to taste. Far more care and quality than I would normally expect at a Bed and Breakfast of this type- and really made me feel welcome as a visitor.

It 's true that there is only one shared bathroom for all the guests and Byron- and this might be a problem for some visitors - but it is kept scrupulously clean. The rooms are also not particularly large - again as you would expect for this price.

For me, this is small price to pay for a really excellent, quirky and welcoming place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank smithsmithsmith2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having travelled for 24 hours in total from Ha Noi, Viet Nam to Cambridge, I finally landed in the small but cosy B&B late in the evening and was wellcomed by Byron Jordan. He gave me the opportunity to choose the room and advised me which room was less noisy. I immediately felt like I was at home with care from my family members and this feeling was with me for the whole period of my 6-night stay. It was Byron who prepared delicious crepes for me each morning at a very unusual early time and he has kindly took me around Harvard Square the first morning when knowing that I was very bad at reading map. I miss those breakfasts at B&B and friendly chat we had. I also miss the way Byron carefully washed his hand each time prior to preparing breakfast, the time he asked me to flip over the crepe together with him when I seem to be very interested in watching him. Those gestures might be simple to many people but to me, they add values to my daily life and convince me that happiness is simple things around us and that it is not neceesary that we always have to pursuit or look for luxurious things. I will for sure choose B&B should i have another chance to come back to Cambride. Until then see you Byron!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AnhLanLe
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Suddenly without a place to stay, I was fortunate enough to get a room at "A B & B in Cambridge". The guesthouse exceeded my expectation, to say the least. The staff is super friendly and serves guests delicious crepés for breakfast! Everything is neat and clean; my room was good and the kitchen a clean and cozy place. While I stayed, it was very warm in Boston (around 30°C) but a controllable AC in my room made sure I felt good the whole time. The wi-fi is better than in most hotels I've stayed in, and the location is perfect - almost on the Harvard campus. I would definitely recommend the place to anybody looking for a friendly place to stay in Boston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business