“Wonderful Oasis in Cambridge”
Review of Life Alive

Life Alive
Ranked #4 of 662 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Life Alive is an organic cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a vibrant casual cafe that is inspiring and honors local artisans, the community, and our global ecology. Our Mission is to Feed the Vitality of the World... one meal at a time. We are here to renew your energy and connection to life by soulfully serving you the most fantastic, organic, therapeutic, whole food you could ever imagine. Our extraordinary food, space, and service are grown, supplied, prepared and designed with the health and vitality of our bodies, communities, and earth foremost in our mind. By providing you with ease and great enjoyment in one of the most important aspects of your wellbeing, we give you the profound experience of contributing to personal and planetary wellness as you blissfully nourish yourself. Namaste!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just stumbled upon this vegan paradise by chance. Great food, ample portions, nice vibe, and happy workers! Who could ask for anything more? Well, desserts would be nice, but I was too full anyway.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I really enjoy the food at Life Alive. Aside from the fact that I would be uncomfortable kissing anyone after eating here due to the massive amounts of garlic they put in their dishes (not too much, but heavy-handed for certain), I feel really good after eating most everything on their menu. I would eat here more frequently, but the lines can be INSANE... depending on who is waiting in the line, the vibe can be upbeat and happy or downright awful. One tip - if you're planning on eating here, allocate lots of time for waiting in line (and parking, if you drive).

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place may appeal to "new" vegans and vegetarians, who haven't yet been exposed to what vegan cooking can offer. We tried a warm dish of broccoli and brown rice ("The Goddess") which was nice, even if not interesting; we also tried a salad ("The Mystic Mountain"), which was just many many cut vegetables with nothing to give it a real satisfying flavor. This is an ok place, but not for food explorers.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had the "Goddess" dish which was very tasty with nice chunky texture, kind of wholesome cold salad; and a kale smoothy that was also good.

One of my friends had a noodle dish that they really didn't like, which I didn't try, so I can only vouch for the Goddess.

Plenty of vegan dishes on the menu and organic ingredients.

The downside for us was that we were down in the cellar and there was a band playing amplified at a volume too high for the space and too high to relax and enjoy eating the food. If you'd come to see the band then great, but for a meal and a chat, not good. Upstairs was full or we'd have moved.

Its a popular place and when we arrived there was a queue out of the door, which was a bit off-putting, but I'm glad we persevered.

( I guess the "atmosphere" score can register the noise problem -- I've still given it Very Good because upstairs would have been very good and I felt like we unwittingly stumbled into a concert)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Yes, there was a line out the door at Life Alive when I arrived, but it was worth the 15 minute wait for my incredibly fresh and filling salad! I ordered a Demi plate of The Seeker along with a cup of their miso soup. My advice: skip the miso soup, but go for one of their numerous salads and "bowls." Really a delicious and wholesome meal, and very obvious that everything is made on the premises with the freshest ingredients!