“Magnificent!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cambridge Hidden Kitchen
Cuisines: European
Description: A private supper club in Cambridge, MA. Cambridge Hidden Kitchen is an experience for culinary enthusiasts and people who'd like to spend an evening enjoying food, wine, music and meet other locals and travelers who share their passion. Events are held once/month and seats 8 guests for a 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings. As space is limited, advance reservations are recommended.
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I'm not an adventurous person - in general. I went to dine at CHK a bit apprehensive about how the evening would unfold...

But the night actually went wonderfully well!! I had such a great time with all of the different people. The guests came from all different walks of life - from the service industry to academia to wall street.... This made for interesting and dynamic conversation. It truly was an experience like none other..

And then there was the food... Oh man, was it good! The service was perfect - always on time and never too intrusive. The wine kept flowing and the dishes kept coming. Each dish was delicious and perfectly paired with wine. This was a great experience for my palate =)

I think everyone should visit Cambridge Hidden Kitchen at least once (if not 100 times!)....take it from a nervous socially anxious wreck - It was an amazing time =)

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I am so glad that my husband and I decided to try CHK! The food was excellent and the wines were well-paired. The timing and size of the portions were perfect. The hosts were professional, and they did a great job setting the mood with candlelight and interesting music. Eating and drinking fine food and wine in an intimate atmosphere with a group of strangers is a unique experience that is well worth giving a try. If you happen to be in Cambridge when CHK is hosting a dinner, it is a great way to get a feel for what the city is all about.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

I usually like to know a lot about what I'm in for at restaurants and/or other types of dinner time experiences, but I threw caution into the wind and went to dinner with six strangers and had one of the best experiences!

The ambience was very classy - you could tell that there was a lot of thought put into all of the details - the centerpieces, tableclothes, candles, etc. It was a very inviting, comfortable setting which had an impact on the type of conversation. Instead of the usual what do you do, where do you live, boring introductory conversation with strangers, we talked about many different types of topics. I would greatly look forward to dinner with any of the people that we shared the table with again!

The food was amazing! I am a very picky eater and oftentimes leave much of my plates at restaurants uneaten. The food, particularly the corn chowder and the roasted cauliflower and pears, was fantastic, the perfect portion size for a five-course meal, and paired very well with different wines (it's not often that I have both an appertif (Prosecco) and a port with dinner! Not to mention wine!). I did not leave anything on my plate!

If you're looking for a different type of dining experience that incorporates a love of food and wine with meeting interesting new people in a friendly environment, this is for you!

1  Thank KML2222