“Not sure what the fuss is all about” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 20 Dessert in Cambridge
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Lowell, MA
“Not sure what the fuss is all about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stopped into Sweet for some take home dessert after dinner in Harvard Square and got a selection of cupcakes. The dark chocolate with vanilla icing one I chose was adequate, but really nothing special and, at $3.25, a bit over-priced. The cheese-cake cupcake my wife got was about the same, albeit perhaps less over-priced.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Lil' Fix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great cupcake spot for an after dinner sweet. Cupcakes and samples were great, fun variety. We stopped in after a nice dinner in Cambridge and this hit the spot after. You're paying for a great cupcake but worth it to endulge!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Who doesn't love cupcakes?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Sure paying $1.50 for a mini cupcake sounds ridiculous but can anything else beat a great cupcake? I ordered a mini-cupcake platter for my birthday and they were gone before I could blow out the candles and make my wish. The red velvet is my favorite but they have great seasonal flavors like Angel Food and Key Lime. I'm glad I don't live closer - I can't resist going in every time I pass by!

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Style over substance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

There are a few things that are amazing about this cupcake shop: its location, smack in the middle of Harvard Square; its decor (cute pink/brown theme and old movies playing on the TV screen while you snack); and some of the cupcakes, especially the seasonal flavors. However, the cupcakes themselves are good, not great; the actual cake leaves something to be desired, especially the vanilla ones, though the frosting is delicious in all cases. I'm not one to complain about cupcakes, though, especially when I get to enjoy them with a few good friends while "It's A Wonderful Life" plays in the background weeks before Christmas.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
east northport
“Could be better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We thought they had gluten free cupcake, as advertised. Come to find out it is Tuesday that they have them [from another baker]. That was disappointing. They should note that somewhere. We did buy some other cupcakes. The carrot cake and cream cheese frosting did taste amazing. Other than that we were not impressed. Might return on a Tuesday to try the g-free.

Visited September 2012