Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from $26.00
from $24.99
from $275.25
1,282 results
All reviews student life great guide fun facts great overview harvard campus current students beautiful campus visiting boston history jokes information school insight script college freshman library
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I visited Harvard on Saturday with a friend. The tour guide is easy to locate once you exit the Harvard square metro stop off the Red line. Blake, the tour manager, is super nice and friendly. Our tour guide Bethany is really enthusiastic. I do think it would be helpful though for guides to wear a microphone so they do not need to strain their voices to speak to the crowd. The tour is led through the Harvard Yard where we learn about the history of the school. It wraps up near a student run Harvard shop for basic gear.

The suggested fee for the tour is $10 per person or $20 for the family. I think this is very reasonable, especially knowing it's supporting a student organization.

Date of experience: April 2012
1  Thank to_peace
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This tour was recommended by some friends so we tried it. Our guide, Shera, was great. She was very outgoing and energetic, leading the group around Harvard grounds. At each of the stops she had some interesting tidbit to go along with the "script." Between stops she was approachable and encouraged questions and comments from the group. At the end, she did make the expected pitch for donations and suggested places to eat or shop. It seems the same group who runs the tour also runs a shop close to the end of the tour. Great experience. Great tour guide!

Date of experience: December 2011
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We had just gotten off the subway when we saw a group of people congregating and discovered it was a walking tour of Harvard. Emily was our tour guide and she did a FANTASTIC job of enlightening us to the historical facts and stories of the college and area! She was sweet and informative; our entire family from our 13 year old son to 65 year old Grandma enjoyed the tour! Thanks for making this such a great event and unexpected highlight of our vacation! :D

1  Thank Jenifer F
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I took my teens there on a recent trip to Boston. The tour is free, but they do ask for a donation. I was happy to make a donation after the tour. Our guide, a student, was excellent. She had all kinds of information about Harvard that we never would have figured out on our own and she was funny and entertaining. The donations they ask for are so small, it was way cheaper then some of the other things we did in Boston.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I read so many great reviews for this tour and overall it was okay but I was a bit disappointed. First, we had quite a large tour group - we did the last tour on a Saturday. There was probably about 20 people in our group. We were not able to follow the tour route as it was supposed to happen because of 'occupy harvard'. There were some protestors in Harvard Yard so the yard was closed to the public. From the map that was provided, a good amount of the tour is supposed to go through the yard - we couldn't see the 'john harvard' statue, etc. So, the tour ended up going around the yard and I think that this is where the second issue came in - we could barely hear the tour guide. If you got stuck toward the back of the group, you missed a lot of what was being said. I'm not sure if this is typically the case when the tour stays in the yard. I feel like I missed a big part of the tour because of this. So - not sure if this is the typical experience or just how it ended up because of the circumstance with the protest. Regardless, I was bummed that we didn't get to go into the yard and I missed out on what was being said. But on the other hand, its only $10 per person....