“So very comfortable and convenient...”
Review of Hotel Veritas

Hotel Veritas
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Fleming Island
“So very comfortable and convenient...”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My wife and I decided at the last minute to take our two children to Boston for the weekend for an adventure. We live in Florida and wanted to see the winter wonderland that the rest of the country was experiencing.

What a wonderful visit. Hotel Veritas was so accomodating, comfortable and convenient. With a short walk through the picturesque, snow covered sidewalks to Harvard Square, we were able to take the subway to all parts of Boston.

Our children loved how comfortable and homey the rooms were and we certainly appreciated the polite, helpful staff.

We've stayed in many a fine.....and Hotel Veritas ranks at the top of our list. As a native Bostonian, I'll certainly return to the best accomodations Cambridge has to offer the next time we head north.

Go Celtics.....Go Red Sox.....and thank you Benson and the rest of the staff at Hotel Veritas. Such a cool place!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
We love welcoming native Bostonians and Cantabrigians back home! Thank you very much for bringing your family to Hotel Veritas for your weekend up north - and we appreciate the nice comments that you've made about your visit to our small hotel in Harvard Square. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cambridge.

Benson Willis, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Reviewed January 8, 2011

The people who bring us Hotel Veritas know what is really important to travelers.

First, although the rooms are on the small-size, everything is arranged conveniently and the rooms are well-equipped with a safe, desk, excellent beds and linens, and great bath facilities with excellent towels.

Second, complimentary bottled water, juice, soda, coffee, and tea are available 'round the clock. Much appreciated !

Third, the lobby area is small but nicely designed and furnished -- and further, a small mezzanine exists above the lobby (and open to the lobby) that I was able to use for a business meeting. Nice, quiet, and convenient.

Fourth, the Hotel is well-located in Cambridge -- within walking distance of University locations, and places to eat (including a place just down the street that offers all-day breakfast).

Finally, and importantly, the staff is helpful - and the atmosphere of the Hotel is more 'residential' than commercial.

Hotel Veritas is an excellent choice for business or non-business travelers!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at Hotel Veritas. We love that you found the atmosphere to be more residential than commercial, as that is certainly the intent. For guests that seek the environment of a small hotel in Harvard Square, we hope that our hotel is exactly what they desire.

We look forward to your return.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I would like to start by saying this is my first Trip Advisor review. After my stay at this hotel I had to comment! My colleagues stayed at a larger hotel the next block down (the "host" hotel for a convention I attended) and anyone I spoke to/showed my hotel to was quite jealous.

I agree with others that Veritas may not be for everyone; I did not travel with children, and/or require room to "spread out" in. But I also chose the Petite Queen -- the smallest (and most reasonably priced) of their offerings because I was only a business traveler in town for two nights. I was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable accommodations in a small footprint -- there was room for me to set-up my laptop, and a small space between the bed and closet for me to place my luggage (a smaller roller bag, but it still fit fine). If you are used to urban hotel stays, this is akin to the size room you're familiar with. Just MUCH nicer, cleaner, and better priced!

I can't say enough about the staff. Beyond helpful and friendly. And arriving to my room after a long day in meetings to fresh flowers...such a nice touch!

There is not a restaurant in the hotel, but you're in Cambridge -- walk two blocks in either direction and you'll find food to your taste. And I'm sure most would deliver to the hotel. The comfortable lobby is the perfect place to cozy up with a cocktail (which you can purchase on-site) in front of the fireplace. I also brought my laptop down there to do some evening work (when I was there, the lobby was very quiet).

Speaking of laptop...I was totally impressed by the complimentary WiFi (which was amazingly reliable) and water/juice. Such a nice bonus for a hotel to offer, yet nearly none do. Bravo to Veritas for recognizing that. And although lacking a business center, the front desk is more than happy to print documents for you (in my case) or provide additional help with your business needs as able. And while there isn't a fitness center, you have free access to the yoga studio/fitness center directly across the street.

There is no doubt I will stay at Hotel Veritas again. Congratulations to them for doing boutique hotel so well!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
There's nothing like a little hotel-envy! Thank you for writing your first Tripadvisor review - and for making it about Hotel Veritas. You definitely captured the essense of what our hotel in Harvard Square strives to be: a small, wonderful hotel with an intimate level of service. We truly appreciate that you stayed with us and that you enjoyed your experience. We know that other potential guests reading your review will have a much clearer understanding of Hotel Veritas and it will help them determine if we are the right place for them.

HOlden, Maine
Reviewed November 24, 2010

This wonderful boutique hotel was the perfect place to spend a weekend in the Boston area. The T is close by giving easy access to anyplace in Boston. Harvard and MIT provide an energetic and fun atmosphere of bars, restaurants, unique shops and cafes. The hotel is gorgeous and beautifully decorated. Linens, amenities and comfortable rooms are among the most elegant I have experienced. by far, the most striking part of the stay was the staff! Solicitous, prompt, extremely helpful yet not overbearing. I felt that they were there to make our stay the best ever. Allison Doughty greeted us and arranged our stay. The small bar in the lobby is comfortable and informal but had a great selection of drinks and a perfect atmosphere. Perfect. Stay there or at least stop in for a drink.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Thank you for your gracious words about Hotel Veritas and the staff (we love Alison, too!) We appreciate you sharing your comments on Tripadvisor - and we continue our quest to be the best hotel in Harvard Square - and beyond!

We hope to see you again soon,

Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Nice people and attractive decor but we stayed in room just off the lobby and there is a bar and a gathering place there. A large and very festive group had a party just outside our room, until after midnight and the front desk said that there was nothing they could do!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
We are extremely sorry that noise from the lounge was distruptive to you - and for the lack of response from the concierge. On future stays, we will be happy to place you on a floor above the first. We do not advertise or market the our small lounge, which is primarily for the use of hotel guests. "Last call" is at 11pm. We have spoken to all of the concierges to remind them that we must maintain a quiet environment during the late evening hours.

Our first priority is to be a wonderful small hotel - not to be a place for festive gatherings in the lounge.

Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I love it. WONDERFUL staff. Only one FYI is that the rooms are small. It is one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Thanks for staying with us several times in our first few months of opening - and we truly appreciate that Hotel Veritas is one of your favorite hotels! We think that our guests are pretty awesome, too. Thanks, also, for mentioning the small size of our rooms. We definitely want potential guests to be aware of this in advance - so they can determine whether or not we're the right hotel for them.

Milan, Minnesota
Reviewed November 14, 2010

On a whim, my wife and I decided to meet up with a few old friends at the Hotel Veritas for the weekend. We loved what we had seen on their website and, with such a fantastic location, we could not resist. We ended up with two connected rooms; one for us and one for our two children and we could not have had a more pleasant experience.
The staff were not just polite but actually FRIENDLY! The rooms were cozy and well appointed and the beds/linens were fantastic. Our kids liked having their own "apartment" and we were able to sneak off for a night-cap while they settled in for bed. It was lovely to sit by the fire in the lobby, sip some nice scotch, and talk with some of the other guests.
In the morning we munched on some lovely Spanish Tortes and drank some of the best hotel coffee I have ever experienced.
When it was time to leave, my daughter (10 years of age) begged us to stay another night. Having two connecting rooms with one main doorway from the hall was perfect for our family. I HIGHLY Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank easybean
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
We love spur-of-the-moment guests - and very happy that the accomodations were so ideal for your family. It's nice when kids can be "grown up" for a night and get their own hotel room! We hope to see you again soon.