Hotel Veritas
Charles Hotel(Cambridge)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspetite queennespresso machineharvard squaretortasacross the streetrooms are smallkarma yogacomplimentary watermass avesmaller sidevalet parkingcharming hotelfirst floorwithin walking distancefew minutes walkchain hotelsfree coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I had a layover in Boston on my way to Maine. Finding a reasonably priced 3star hotel for one night was all I wanted. I got SOOOOOOO much more. Upon arriving to Hotel Veritas, I was greeted by name. The front desk staff offered me complimentary soft drinks and water. I opted for a delicious lemony martini that was delivered within minutes to my room by Emily. I had to send a fax unexpectedly, which the front desk staff handled, free of charge, for me at 10pm.

Although not large, my room was fantastic! The imported linens were luxurious, the bed extremely comfortable, the decor was european elegance, the fresh orchids by my bed were divine. My free internet and flat screen tv were greatly appreciated.

I loved the location, just blocks from Harvard University and quite close to lots of action, fun restaurants which Allison recommended to me.

In the morning my wake up call and taxi arrived as scheduled. I made myself a yummy latte from the machine in the lobby, and treated myself to a unique, delicious breakfast flatbread.

I wish I could have stayed longer, and I would love to go back tomorrow!!!! This boutique hotel is far superior to any deluxe 4star hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

We're glad that you layover led to your brief stay at Hotel Veritas and hope that your next trip will be for a longer period. We're pleased that you were able to enjoy the complimentary Internet access, Native Water, sodas, Nespresso coffee, fresh flowers, and Anichini linens. Emily makes a killer martini - a great way to begin to relax after a hectic day of traveling.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at Hotel Veritas. We certainly hope to see you soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Veritas for 2 nights in early July. I absolutely LOVED this hotel and I already made a reservation to stay in October. The front desk attendants were simply lovely and most accommodating , personable and professional. I loved my room. Yes, it was small, but well appointed, it shows you how much you get get into a small space and make it look beautiful and comfortable. My small balcony on the side was private and relaxing. Kudos to all who worked to make this new hotel a gem, sparkling brighter than the blue ones in the bathroom....you have to visit to see what I mean...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2010

Ohh.....we love our guests! Thanks for your very, very nice comments about the hotel and the concierges. You're absolutely right that our rooms aren't large - and we're trying so hard to make sure that people know that prior to arriving. The average square footage of each room type is noted our our website. We also think that you're right about how well appointed the rooms are!

We will see you in October!

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I just returned from my stay at the Hotel Veritas and all I can say is that it is a true 5 star experience! The hotel is ideally located in Cambridge...steps away from Harvard. The decor is chic and elegant. But by far, it is the way that each guest was treated that made this a five star hotel experience. Special thanks to Curtis and Allison for making my stay extra special for me and my son!
I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit to Hotel Veritas. We are very fortunate to have Curtis and Alison - and all of our staff - ensure that you had a great stay. Since we opened just over six weeks ago, we've all had such fun getting to know our guests and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you and your son on your next visit to Harvard Square.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

My 5 year-old daughter and I stayed at this lovely hotel last weekend and I am already making plans to return. The rooms are the perfect blend of decadence and comfort (Silk drapes, mirrored bedstands, plush carpeting, Anichini bedding) - we slept so well! The staff is charming and the coffee hot and good. We are locals to Boston so considered this trip a sort of staycation. Boston has a wide range of hotels - this is at the top of the list of chic boutiques and the best option period that Harvard Square has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Thank you for your kinds words about the decor and the staff. We love that you enjoyed your staycation with us. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I was delighted with this charming little hotel in Cambridge.

Everything is sparkling and new and the staff are just wonderful and extremely helpful.

I was in Harvard to attend a very high powered executive conference and staying with the Hotel Vertias was perfect - it provided a restful and soothing atmosphere where I could relax and prepare for the conference. The hotel' s partnership with the lovely gym and yoga centre across the street meant I could work out as well which was an added bonus.. and I can't recommend the boar salami more highly.

Thanks to Benson and especially Alison.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
BensonWillis, General Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Wow. Thank so much! We love the charcuterie, too.....and so glad that you were able to enjoy the Gym at Karma Yoga. We can't wait for you to come back to our side of the Atlantic!