Hotel Veritas
$158
$134
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewspetite queennespresso machineharvard squaretortasacross the streetrooms are smallkarma yogacomplimentary watermass avesmaller sidevalet parkingcharming hotelfirst floorwithin walking distancefew minutes walkchain hotelsfree coffee
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. The building and the decor and structural details are beautiful (mouldings, furnishings, etc). Staff was very nice. The hotel advertises a lovely outdoor patio space, which was under construction when we were there and not available. That was disappointing, as there was no outdoor space to enjoy. Our room also had a balcony, but the walls of the balcony were about 5 feet tall and solid, so you could not see anything but the sky unless you stood on your toes and peered over the walls. I'm sure there are regulations requiring this, but still. You could not sit on the balcony and watch Cambridge. Finally, the "lounge" that they advertise is simply the hotel lobby (a couch and a few chairs), where the desk clerk can bring you a drink from the mini-fridge behind them. It felt a little misleading to me. Also very expensive for me, given above. The reason I chose the Veritas and paid extra for the balcony was because I was going to be in meetings all day, and I wanted my spouse to have space outside of the room so they wouldn't feel cooped up all day. With no patio, no view, and no "lounge" (as we interpreted it), that was a bust. If you're interested in a lovely, quiet, tiny room, in a great location, it may be for you.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank david v
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Although we live only a suburb away we had never stayed in Cambridge and needed "time away" from the daily grind of work. After much research we chose the Hotel Veritas and were very glad we did. The Cambridge River Arts Festival was held the weekend we stayed and the hotel was in easy walking distance to Central Square one way and to Harvard Square the opposite way. Restaurants and interesting stores were plentiful. Arrival was easy as we drove in and let the valet park our car for the weekend. The rates were no higher than a typical Boston garage. The front desk was pleasant and helpful. There was a free USA Today paper each day, as well as free water, soda, juices, coffee and tea around the clock. A delicious breakfast spot (Zoe's) was right next door. We stayed in a Petite Queen room which still had adequate space and was comfortable for the amount of time we spent there. We did not have traffic noise as our room faced the brick inner square and yes there was little to see from the room window, but when we were in the room we really didn't care. This boutique Hotel was more spacious than the boutique Hotel we choose to stay in in NYC. The Hotel is clean and well taken care of. On check-out day we were allowed to put our luggage in our car and leave it parked at the hotel while we wandered down to shop at Hatvard Square. This gave us additional time to spend in Cambridge which we really appreciated. The price is high, but I found a 50% off deal which made it quite affordable. Would we stay here again? Absolutely!! Would we recommend it to others? Absolutely!! It was a perfect stay at the Hotel Veritas!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from Mass Ave.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at Hotel Veritas. I chose the hotel based on (1) its location close to Harvard where I was taking a course (2) my understanding that it was on a quiet residential street in Cambridge and (3) what I thought was complimentary access to a gym across the street. I was very disappointed that my room was on the Mass Avenue side of the hotel and I was awakened early each morning by garbage trucks, buses and other traffic noise. The gym was not complimentary (perhaps my misunderstanding). The room was well-appointed but tiny. I was also very disappointed that there was no food at the hotel, other than a breakfast bread, cheese and sausages. For that price, there should have been some healthy food available! There were no newspapers, other than USA Today. This is not what I expect from a highly-rated boutique hotel. The location is great but I would look for other options in Cambridge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from Mass Ave.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Astrid B
Reviewed June 4, 2014

A very lovely boutique hotel located at an excellent neighborhood. We stayed 2 nights and loved our room and our own balcony. Coffee/tea available for free at the lobby. Staffs were excellent. Famous yogurt shop, berry-lime, is right across the street. Valet parking available at the hotel with additional charge. Room and bathroom are tiny but clean. The heated bathroom floor was a big surprise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great hotel! Clean, new, and modern with friendly and helpful staff and complimentary coffee, tea, sodas, water, etc. I got the petite queen room, which was on the smaller side but not cramped, and still very nice with a nice bay window and plenty of light. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple