“Heaven is aparently a Hotel”
Review of Hotel Veritas

Hotel Veritas
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
“Heaven is aparently a Hotel”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

First, a breif overview of what makes this hotel so fantastic: the service is five star, the location is less than a block from Harvard , the rooms are dead silent at night, the decor is flawlessly beautiful, the showers are always hot and have good pressure, beautiful fixtures, full complimentary coffee/ tea/ beverage bar. Blowdryer is in the closet in case you forget yours. Comfortable beds, thick covers, a selection of pillow firmnesses represented in the beautifully arranged pile on the bed. Yes, the rooms are small, but in the way that the rooms of a cottage on the Cape are small. Its is a part of the location: a charming reminder that you are not in a McMansion built in the style of the past, but in a historical location transformed with great creativity into a fantastic space for the weary traveler. (I am 5"11 and felt comfortable)

Did I mention the service? They always answered even the most ridiculous questions with professionalism and courtesy. They remembered my name after the first time I provided it and used it to greet me. I work in Sales and Marketing a five diamond resort in Southern California, and the service this darling hotel provided met and exceeded all of our company standards. Kudos! I will not only recommend. I will come back to Cambridge specifically to stay here for a week!

Room Tip: I stayed in 106. It faced an alley, but since I was always out till dark the view was well suited to...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I think I must have had a crappy room because I was located on the first level facing the street. You can imagine the noise coming through my windows. I guess if you have a better location in the hotel, then perhaps you'd have a better experience. Overall the room is terrific but ask for an upper level!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank KimSamSoon
New York
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a nice boutique hotel just outside of Harvard Square in Cambridge, so the location can't be beat. Plenty of restaurants and things to do within walking distance. Check-in was easy, staff was very friendly, and there are free drinks (coffee, tea, soda, water) available in the lobby at any time. Room service is limited, but they do offer small cheese and charcuterie plates from a very good local cheese shop (Formaggio Kitchen), which you can have in your room or in the lobby/lounge next to the fireplace. They can also recommend good restaurants in the neighborhood.

It's in an older, renovated building, so it has plenty of character while still being modern and classy. The room I stayed in was well appointed, but quite compact. Free wifi and heated bathroom floor tiles were a nice touch. Only minor thing was that it was about 15 degrees out while I was visiting Cambridge and the heating was having a little trouble keeping up with the weather.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for two nights while visiting my son at Harvard. I loved the boutique feel of the hotel, which is wonderfully located 2 blocks from Harvard Yard on a quiet section of Massachusetts Ave. The hotel has been completely redone and is beautifully appointed. The rooms are very small, but the baths are modern and very functional. I loved the espresso machine in the lobby and the quiet atmosphere. You can hear the T (subway) running below the building, but you get used to it quickly. I did have a problem with my room and the staff was quick to fix it. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors are probably quieter, but I had no trouble sleeping on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was visiting my son who is working on his PhD at Harvard. I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. I had a king room which was a little small but well appointed. The front desk staff were fantastic. There's coffee and sweets in the lobby and a warm fireplace. I highly recommend this hotel which at around $200 was reasonable for Cambridge and well located 5 minutes from Harvard Square.

Room Tip: It's a 31 room hotel so book way in advance.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Fort Defiance, Az
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I chose this hotel for my husband when he had a business trip to Cambridge. All I can say is that I can't wait to go back with him next time! He raved about the room, the personnel and the location..plus, the price was right! This will be our choice in Cambridge when we return to visit our son at college.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business