“Perfect”
Review of Hotel Veritas

Hotel Veritas
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel was outstanding and a tremendous value for money. Stayed just after the New year during a snow storm for 3 nights. The room was very comfortable, clean and the staff was great. I would certainly stay again.

If I had any feedback for the hotel it would be that the rooms are not the quietest. We could movements in the hallway as well as our neighbors music. It didn't keep us from having great sleeps and I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel Veritas is literally a stone's throw from Harvard Yard and so is in walking distance for almost all of Cambridge. Great location. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

The hotel has been recently renovated and the interiors are absolutely incredible. Beautiful, cozy but elegant lounge area with fireplace and a small business center. Coffee, water are complimentary in the lobby as well as in your room (water only). Rooms are decorated beautifully, very stylish.

The downsides of this location are the size of the rooms and the price. The rooms are gorgeous but small, the smallest of which was really rather tight for two people. We have been there twice and, beside the bed and nightstands, neither room had enough space for a chair. Bathrooms were roomier and very elegant. Both visits were during winter break for the University so occupancy was low and so was the price, around $139 per night. When school is in session that doubles / triples.

Definitely worth it at the right time of year or if you need location more than a cheaper room. I would give it 5 stars except for the size of the rooms and the price.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from Massachusetts Avenue or higher floor to avoid street and underground noise...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank suesguy
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here overnight and we both enjoyed the hotel very much. We decided to find parking on the street instead of paying for parking through the hotel (I believe it's 34 dollars). There is no charge for street parking if you are here on a sunday. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff and told there was complimentary coffee, tea and juice whenever we wanted. Our room was on the third floor and facing the main street (I think we were room 309). It was a small room but enough for a bed and nightstands and a TV. The bathroom was cute with a nice glass shower. I will say there was more street noise than I thought there was but I think if you had a room towards the back of the hotel/on Remington st, it wouldn't be a problem. There were a ton of shopping right down the street so you don't have to drive anywhere if you don't want. The hotel is very close to the red line if you want to take the T. All in all I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was able to get a room on short notice at a good price and enjoyed it very much. Nice, cozy place, nice staff, nice free coffee and snacks, reasonable wines from room service. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: It's a small, intimate place. I got a petite queen room - perfect for one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I am currently staying at the Hotel Veritas for my first trip to Boston. It is very well situated being close to Harvard University and the metro. The staff are extremely accommodating and the hotel (although small) is extremely well appointed with well maintained rooms. The lobby contains complimentary coffee, water and juice for its guests with very good restaurants within walking distance. The bathrooms contain heated floors which are definitely a nice perk on cold winter mornings. Not only do I recommend the hotel but I would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about my stay. I was only in Cambridge for one day (happened to be on my birthday) the staff was great,extremely helpful, polite, friendly, & professional. Although rooms are small it was perfect for me. The price is reasonable & the location is great, right in the middle of Harvard Square. I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Cambridge!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed at the Veritas for 6 nights while attending a course at Cambridge. The hotel is small and cosy, and service was good all around. But the room wasn't very practical and I found it way too stuffy for my taste. I understand we're down to personal taste here, but big furnitures in a small room aren't very practical, and when you stay for a while, practical is important. Also, some finishings were already showing signs of wear and tear, like drawer handles and bedside lamps. Housekeeping was ok, but some things were bugging me, like coffee cups that weren't picked up, or the wet coffee stained carpet that met me upon arrival and which, although I notified reception when I noticed, was neither cleaned nor acknowledged.

Cambridge is a very expensive town, and the price at Veritas is quite reasonable for the area. Also it's walking distance to everything, which is good. But overall, this is not a hotel I would go back to, even if I can't real pinpoint what I didn't really like it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business