“Nothing negative”
Review of Hotel Veritas

Hotel Veritas
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have nothing negative to say about my stay. I was only in Cambridge for one day (happened to be on my birthday) the staff was great,extremely helpful, polite, friendly, & professional. Although rooms are small it was perfect for me. The price is reasonable & the location is great, right in the middle of Harvard Square. I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Cambridge!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed at the Veritas for 6 nights while attending a course at Cambridge. The hotel is small and cosy, and service was good all around. But the room wasn't very practical and I found it way too stuffy for my taste. I understand we're down to personal taste here, but big furnitures in a small room aren't very practical, and when you stay for a while, practical is important. Also, some finishings were already showing signs of wear and tear, like drawer handles and bedside lamps. Housekeeping was ok, but some things were bugging me, like coffee cups that weren't picked up, or the wet coffee stained carpet that met me upon arrival and which, although I notified reception when I noticed, was neither cleaned nor acknowledged.

Cambridge is a very expensive town, and the price at Veritas is quite reasonable for the area. Also it's walking distance to everything, which is good. But overall, this is not a hotel I would go back to, even if I can't real pinpoint what I didn't really like it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My daughter and I were in Cambridge for a doctor's appointment.
The first room would not hold on suitcase let alone 2. Literally, no space for a suitcase. They did change our room. They were out of cheese or what ever they say they have it the morning and for breakfast it is - go across the street.
So it is basically a room. clean, cute and small

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I visit Cambridge often and try to stay in different places. Some are beautiful but expensive, some - affordable but location is not attractive. Hotel Veritas is a great combination of affordability and location. The room was small, but was big enough for 2 people. Everything is up to date: decor, toiletries, bathroom. We had a room with a little veranda, which we could not use, because it was cold outside (November). I am sure it is nice addition when the weather is right. Also was very nice to have complimentary really good coffee, juices and water at any time. Location cannot be better: right on Massachussets Ave, in the center of all the good eats and attractions. This hotel often has specials on expedia, orbitz, etc. and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Truly enjoyed my stay here. Great location right in the middle of Harvard Square. Small but clean and beautifully designed & decorated rooms. INCREDIBLY kind & accommodating staff - goes above & beyond (thank you!!). Appreciated touches like comp water/soft drink/coffee. Reasonable price. Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My weekend at Hotel Veritas was a pleasure. The concierge remembered my name throughout the visit and the other staff members were cheerful, responsive, and professional. Even though it's on a corner of Massachusetts Avenue, it's extremely quiet. I slept well and enjoyed my cozy and tastefully-furnished room. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else when I'm in Cambridge.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I travel to Cambridge on business, and Hotel Veritas is my preferred place to stay if I need to be by Harvard (if I'm heading to MIT, I stay at Hotel Marlowe). It’s nice and quiet, the rooms are not particularly large but big enough, and the beds are very comfortable. There’s a nice little beverage center by the front desk, and a little self-serve business center if you need to print documents. The staff is terrific, consistently very helpful.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business