Hotel Veritas
$158
$134
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewspetite queennespresso machineharvard squaretortasacross the streetrooms are smallkarma yogacomplimentary watermass avesmaller sidevalet parkingcharming hotelfirst floorwithin walking distancefew minutes walkchain hotelsfree coffee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

7. the level of service
8. nice towels

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Miss Yip
ChrisSlomiak, Manager at Hotel Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Your list of "what to love" is wonderful to read. It is even better to see that staff and service were worth mentioning twice. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The first room we were shown when checking into the Hotel Veritas was so small, that I was unable to wheel my suitcase around the bed. There was a closet the size of a phone booth and otherwise NO CLOTHES STORAGE. There was no way my husband and I could spend four days in such a small space. We called the front desk and were moved to a room on the first floor that had a chest of drawers and a bay window, thus having more room and adequate space for clothes storage. We also noted that every few minutes we were able to hear and feel the subway traveling beneath the hotel. This was not very loud and ceased from about midnight to 5:30 am, but light sleepers or the noise sensitive may want to beware.

The hotel was otherwise pleasant and clean, with very pretty decor in the rooms and lobby, a business center, free WiFi, and a helpful front desk staff. There are convenient tea and espresso in the front lobby. The location is easy walking distance to the Harvard campus, and reasonably close to Central Square and MIT as well.

The smaller rooms might be suited to overnight stays for those with a very small amount of personal items. I don't know if the noise is an issue on the other floors of the hotel.
Given the price and the noise, we would prefer The Charles for our next Cambridge visit.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor to minimize subway noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We’re so glad you found our staff helpful, and that you enjoyed the esthetics and amenities we offer. You are certainly correct that our rooms are small, and that the subway can be audible from the first floor rooms. We do our best to communicate these aspects to potential guests through our website, and TripAdvisor reviews have been a great tool as well.

As you stated, our Petite Queen rooms are absolutely more conducive to a one or two-night stay. We hope you will give us another try – our King rooms are a bit larger and may be quite suitable for you.

Thank you again for your high marks on service and cleanliness.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Beautiful mix of old-fashioned building with comfortable modern interior, most comfortable beds and linens ever and big modern bathroom. Very helpful & friendly staff. Ideal location for eating, colleges, sightseeing, access to public transportation, etc.
Street noise is considerable but despite being sensitive, I only needed earplugs if I went to sleep early. Other hotel guest were quiet & considerate.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to street noise, you may want to request a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

We are so glad you have shared your positive experiences with us and other Cambridge travelers. We hope the next time you plan a trip to this area, you think of Hotel Veritas.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My son and I stayed 2 nights while visiting colleges. This is a very nice hotel that is about 1 block from Harvard's campus and near restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel is updated and clean and the staff is outstanding. I spent a fair amount of time working and relaxing in the lobby (free wifi), where I ordered a glass of wine and some cheese to snack on and it was great. The reason I was working in the lobby is the only negative - our room was "Euro small". The room had a queen bed that took up almost the entire room, and there was not space for 2 people to hang out in the room. That being said, the room was updated, clean and very nice, just small. The room size did not prove to be an issue because of the great lobby, outdoor patio and location near everything. I would definitely stay not only at this hotel, but I'd even stay in my small room again.

Room Tip: I got my room using Hotwire, and that's probably why I got the "Petite Suite" (room 206), but it was nice, especially for the price.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your high remarks in all categories. We’re so glad that you chose our little hotel in Harvard Square – and that you would choose us again. We strive to have our décor, service and amenities compensate for our small rooms, and it sounds like we did just that for you and your son. Good luck to you both in the college search.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is a great find. We found the room comfortable and charming, the staff very helpful, the public spaces stunning. I come down in the morning, take a coffee and read the news on the internet while my wife wakes up. Only niggle is the cost of parking, a little high at $34 a night. Otherwise, terrific hotel and good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple