All reviews english muffin below ground level victorian furniture harvard square quiet residential street street parking rooms are comfortable
Reviewed December 10, 2012

As a first time visitor to Boston, David's warmth and attention for detail made for a truly memorable four night stay.

I'd chosen the Cambridge Room and was delighted by the large King size bed, lovely windows and view, and the (very) special delivery each morning of my breakfast via personal dumbwaiter!

Parkside on Ellery is 6 minutes walk from the Harvard Faculty Club, and just as close to great bookstores, pubs and boutiques. If you are looking for a central location, lovely accommodation, and all the Victorian charm Boston has to offer, look no further.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We spent two nights at the Parkside on Ellery B&B in Cambridge MA in November 2012 and it was perfect. Beautifully appointed, quiet and comfortable, so convenient to Cambridge sights - very very nice. I highly recommend this B&B and would stay there again happily.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Unit 2 for a week. A week is a long time to stay in a room but it was really nice. The King Bed was very comfortable. The best part of our stay was the breakfast that was served in the room. It was sent to our room through the dumbwaiter type of elevator right on the time that we requested every morning. It was nice to wake up to the noise of the elevator carrying our breakfast up to our room. It was great to be able to have breakfast in our pijamas without doing any of the work. The room was clean. We had one refreshment of the room (change of sheets and towels) during the week. Since late fall is the season when the inside of the buildings may feel a bit colder that the actual weather outside, I felt cold one evening and send a note to our host, David. He was nice enough to put an extra heater in our room the next day. In sum, our room was nice, clean, quiet, warm, within walking distance both to Harvard Square and Central Square. It was not a small room. There is a separate section in the room where we had our breakfast.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AKadi34956
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This really is a great location. It is walking distance to Harvard Square and the ‘T’ which serves the greater Boston area. This is a historic old house – circa 1870’s. We stayed 8 nights and did a considerable amount of travel both with and without a car from this location. Parking on the street with a permit supplied by our host was not a problem for the several nights that we had a vehicle.

Given the age of the house you should expect smaller accommodations than might be found in more contemporary establishments. The room was large but the bathroom was small and lacked storage space that is always needed in a hotel; the stairway is steep but did not present a problem given that our host was kind enough to take our bags to the room. The bed was firm but comfortable. As stated on their website the breakfast selection consists of your choice coffee, tea, juice, english muffin and/or cereal with accouterments. Breakfast was delivered via a dumbwaiter at your chosen time between 7:30 and 8:30; and was always very prompt.

We stayed in the Cambridge Room which is at the back of the house. Except for normal city traffic noises the room was very quiet and private. Given the neighborhood I would expect the other rooms to be equally quiet and private. There is a great little market, coffee shop and library within a block and great restaurants very nearby. The Peabody Museum is a must visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love this Inn! Well located near Harvard Square, has beautiful rooms, and David is the best host you could ask for. I can't wait to return! My partner and I stayed in the Victorian Room this time which is large and beautifully decorated. Two years ago I stayed in the Scholar's Room - very nicely decorated also but much smaller. This was not a problem for me on that trip because I was traveling my myself so it was very cozy. David Szlag is the host - on both trips he went out of his way to be helpful but also allowed full privacy. I highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple