“Really Cool and Fun Place”
Review of The Friendly Toast

The Friendly Toast
Ranked #10 of 627 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McKinney, Texas
“Really Cool and Fun Place”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Funky decor and imaginative food and drink menu make for an eclectic experience. Food portions are huge so you won't leave hungry. Prices are reasonable and it is convenient to the Kendall Square Theatre. Lot's of locals frequenting the place and the staff is very friendly.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sklarmageddon”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Omelette with bacon, ham, pepper jack, and PECANS. Wonderful home fries and what can only be described as King Sized Texas toast. Great atmosphere. Great find while on business in Beantown.

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge portions Quality food”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place in East Cambridge. New went for breakfast and I got the biscuits and gravy which were great. I could only finish half and I'm normally the one going for fourths at the Chinese buffet. The sliced potatoes that came with it were spicy and incredible. I'd come back just for those potatoes. My girlfriend got a slice of French toast on the regular white bread which I tried and that was great too. The place has a very cool atmosphere too. Stop by if you're looking for breakfast/brunch in Cambridge for sure.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Horrible, the worse rice and beans ever!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Ok, so let me put this in context. Having been to this cool, hip, funky and quirky restaurant before, I was comfortable going on a weekend night just prior to St Patricks Day. The place was jammed and our waitress managed the order and all of us with aplomb and a great smile. Of course I should have gone with one of her recs, but made a last minute decision to have something different. My companions meals came out first, (50 minutes after ordering), a good 10 minutes before mine. I received what literally looked like a can of (undercooked) red kidney beans (covering the plate - you could hardly see the underdone rice with burnt chorizo (on one side only). I was so hungry I ate as much as I
could, and then told the waitress how bad it was. At that point I was no longer hungry. The cost was also exorbitant, $14.50, for all of this. I knew the sticker price going in, and although there was a mound of food, it wasn't worth it. I am sorry to be writing such a poor review, but frankly if you can't put a good plate of rice and beans out, then take it off the menu.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing American breakfast”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food and service was so good I visited twice! the pancakes are amazing and huge! I definitely recommend the blueberry ones!

• Visited March 2014