“Great fun! Great Food!”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My sister and I stumbled upon this gem while looking for a brunch spot. The food was great! Fresh homemade breads were the high light as well as the house special hash browns and enormous portions! It was a little crowded but retro-décor, the rock music playing in the background and the excellent service more than made up for it!!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Of course, the kitschy decor is terrific. Service was friendly and competent. I had biscuits and gravy which was the best I've ever had. So GOOD! My companion's pancake was so big it just about fit on the plate. Not that large = good, but this pancake was divine. My only complaint is that I waited so long to go there.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I eat here every time we visit cambridge. We stumbled upon this place when we stayed at a nearby hotel a few years ago and I'm so happy we did. The menu is very funky and pairs flavors you won't find anywhere else. They have a fairly big menu and you absolutely need to try one of their mixed drinks if you go. We shared the guinness onion rings (which could have fed 4 people) and I got the Matt (a vegetarian sandwich with sour cream, beans, salsa, cheese etc. My boyfriend got a burger and we both barely finished our meals. The staff is very friendly and attentive. We will continue to go back and I cannot recommend this palace enough!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We always try to find great breakfast when we travel. This retro cool, pretty large restaurant in Kendall Square at MIT is super worth the trip! The Saturday Special was Tiger Woods' Ex-Wife Shops at IKEA. So delicious that we returned on Sunday for the outstanding scrambles from the menu (I loved Kate's Tofu, kid had Guy's Scramble). Other kid had King Pancakes (like Elvis). Go hungry, go often. Awesome and bottomless coffee. Great for families of all ages.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Friendly Toast has it all: a full bar, a delicious breakfast menu available all day (and night) fresh smoothies (with or without alcohol) and wonderfully kitsch decorations. Sometimes you just need a smoothie and a glass of wine at the same time.