“Well worth the wait!”

Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Binney St.
Transit: Hungry Mother is a 10 minute walk from the Kendall-MIT redline stop. Walk through Marriott hotel, turn left on Broadway, cross railroad tracks, bear right on Hampshire St., turn right on Cardinal Medeiros Ave. The restaurant is at the end of the block on the left.
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We made reservations 2 months ago as it was the soonest we could get in! I normally would never wait that long for a restaurant, but this place was well worth it! The food was unbelievable, and the staff was truly top notch. The bartender concocted a fruity vodka drink with honey, lemons and bitters that was out of this world. The tx. Steak a culinary delight! I only wish it was closer to the 'burbs and the wait not so long. Think this is going to become my go to special dining place in boston.

There are newer reviews for Hungry Mother

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hungry Mother is a charmingly intimate venue located in a small, white house you could easily overlook. The menu changes daily, so you could savor delicious food every evening. We had gnucci (a small dish) and the entrees duck breast, and hake--all of which were so good that the entire party decided that, "Hungry Mother is a keeper." The hake in papillot was outstanding. The wine list, llike the menu, is limited, but the selections are varied and well matched to the entrees. Not only is the food itself worth the visit, but the restaurant is enticingly close to Kendall Square Cinema. In fact, if you go before 6:00, the restaurant will both give you a discount on movie tickets ($8.00) and pick those tickets up for you while you dine.Before we left, we had already made a plan to return.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great overall experience. Small and intimate with incredible food for very reasonable prices. Worth making the reservation well in advance.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We travelled far to this restaurant from Boston to Cambridge, led on by good reviews, and it exceeded our expectations. As experienced eaters in good restaurants in Europe, we wanted something a bit unusual and we got it - but at a quality that would make many Paris chefs ashamed. We were 10 mins early and had to wait for a table (it is a busy busy place) but the maitre de and the door lady were charming and chatted happily to us between their duties. The cuisine is US style fusion - I had a variant on southern chicken which was truly delicious and my companion had fish, along with the most amazing corn bread. The desert selection was quite limited but the chocolate fondant looked particularly good. This is a very memorable place to eat and I heartily recommend it.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Not worthy of my time to discuss this place. I won't go here again and I would suggest you patronize other places in Cambridge.