“Beautiful Home, friendly owners, so convenient to Boston”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Owners, Eric and Judy, were so accommodating to us. We parked our car for free on the street and never needed it. This place was in the perfect location for us to tour Boston by foot, train and bus. Breakfast was served in the elegant dining room. The scones were the best, but we were also offered fresh cut up fruit, yogurt, eggs, french toast, served on elegant china. We stayed in the Emma room, which shared a bathroom with another room, but it was never an issue. The only drawback might have been the street noise since we were in a front room, but we were in a city, so that was expected. Otherwise, we didn't even know there were other guests staying in the home until breakfast time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank theresaod
prospectpl, Owner at Prospect Place Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thanks so much for your candid and kind review of your stay with us this fall. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I strongly recommend this B&B for the position, close to the T-Line (red Line) station and good for visiting Boston, for the accomodation, clean and peacefull, and for the kindness of the owner, Erik, that delights each guest with a fantastic breakfast (what a omelettes!).

Moreover a good choice in terms of Quality/Price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed the omelet!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Eric is a wondeful host. Hot breakfast each day with eggs to order or french toast and fresh pastries. I cant imagine how anyone could leave breakfast hungry. Prospect Place is in a great spot for a trip to Boston. In the middle of Harvard and MIT, but far enough away from both that you dont get the crowds from the colleges. Very convienient to the subway and right on a busline. Park your car and leave it. Nicely decorated with period furnishings, even a grand piano in the parlor. The next time we stay in Boston, it will definitely be at Prospect Place.

Room Tip: Madeline room has a large dual head shower, comfortable full bed and plenty of pillows. A/C worked...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank plowboy68
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had never been to Boston before and found Prospect Place through Tripadvisor reviews. Though it is in Cambridge, it is only a few T stops away from Boston and many of the tourist sites, so it was conveniently located. The price was also right - I wanted to spend less than $200 a night on my accommodations, which was practically impossible in Boston, but here I could do so and also have a great breakfast included. (You could also save money by grabbing a couple items from the Whole Foods across the street for meals instead of eating out if you were on a tighter budget.)

I stayed in the Madeline Room, which is on the top floor and had several windows. The room was clean and well-appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The shower (w/o bathtub) was enormous and had a double showerhead, which is great if you need to refresh after a long day of touring!

A few of the other reviews noted the temperature, the breakfast, and the neighbors. In terms of the temperature, my room was appointed with AC, but I did not need to adjust or change it although it was well into the 80s during the day. The breakfast options were varied on both days, and I was under the impression that the hosts would accommodate any food sensitivities/allergies if their guests had any. The general offering during my stay was eggs, fresh bread (pecan raisin), granola with yogurt or milk, fresh fruit salad, tea, coffee, milk, and juice. French toast (with maple syrup) was offered on the second day as was hot chocolate.

As for the neighbors, you could definitely hear them at times. There seemed to be a day care or school nearby, so I just shut my windows then to lower the sound. The other neighbors (the house next door) seemed to be outside a lot and they were also audible at times. I equate this to what can also happen at a hotel - when you can sometimes hear people in nearby rooms. Here, it was more what you could hear outside - I never once heard the other people staying at the B&B, though it was at full capacity.

Another item of note: the Madeline Room cannot be locked. There are only four rooms in the B&B, so at most there would only be 8 guests in the entire place, but it still made me a bit uncomfortable. The hosts assured me that my belongings would be safe since the B&B itself is well locked up and live there. While I found that to be true, I would have definitely preferred the option of being able to lock up my room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank surlarue35
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We visited Cambridge/Boston area and couldn't have picked a better place for convenience, value and hospitality. The breakfasts were delightful and with Cental Station just a few blocks away, you have access to anywhere in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank OKJeaux

So glad everything worked out to your liking. And it was nice to see some guests from Oklahoma again!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We just left Prospect Place in Cambridge. Even though the owner was out of town, Marianne the B&B hostess was Wonderful. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was really good AND it was so convenient to everything in Cambridge and Boston because the T is just a block or so away. Loved chatting with other guests in the mornings and look forward to going back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My best friend and I stayed here and found it to be incredibly charming!
The host was helpful and friendly, always willing to give a recommendation and was available to make us breakfast even after most people had left.

We stayed in two different rooms and they were both elegant in their own way. The rooms have a lot of character!

There is a Whole Foods right across the street which was great for picking up treats and even dinner for a "picnic" we had in the sitting room one evening after being touristy all day.

A short walk to the metro -- a pleasant walk!
We loved staying here and would certainly stay here again! Wonderful experience!

The only drawback at all was that the walls were so thin we were kept awake for awhile by the man in the next room's snoring. Not the innkeeper's fault, but worth noting if you're a light sleeper.

Room Tip: For friends traveling together, go for the room facing the street with the 2 twin beds. Small but so...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends