“Now this is an Irish Pub! (in America)”
Review of The Druid

The Druid
Ranked #28 of 627 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Hartford, Connecticut
“Now this is an Irish Pub! (in America)”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Can't beat this place! Food, drinks, service, live Irish fiddlle jam sessions. Really good burgers, shephers pie, etc. Busy, noisy, fun, camaraderie, even children. The waiters and bartenders are totally on the ball. An hour at the Druid is like a mini-vacation from daily life.

1 Thank tripjktrip

Boston, Massachusetts
“Small but super legit”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Awesome tiny place with real craic to it; feels like you're in Ireland. There was a dude in the corner playing a fiddle and another person had a baby and a dog. Awesome. Great Guinness and the food smelled incredible. Definitely coming back.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Lots of Good Food!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The place is small and the food is good so I imagine it gets crowded. We got there early on a Thursday night and had no problem getting a table. They have a nice beer selection. My friend and I were impressed with the portion size of our first course: he got the oxtail soup and I had a tomato salad with a yummy balsamic dressing. We both ordered the fish and chips and agreed that, while the "chips" were not quite right (they should have been wide cut potatoes instead of thin french fries), the fish itself was fantastic! I could not finish my portion. We both left quite full. I'll remember this place for next time I'm in Boston/Cambridge and I do recommend it!

1 Thank Aibutiej
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Authentic Irish spot with great food and beer”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went to The Druid for dinner during a recent trip to Boston. It's not a big place so seating can get tight, but they did a good job of finding us a table as soon as they could. The beer selection is solid as to be expected, but the food is what really impressed me. I'm not usually a huge fan of Irish food, but the fish sandwich and fish chowdah were delicious! The prices were not bad either for the quality. In addition to that, the servers are authentic Irish guys who are pretty friendly, and there's even a well behaved(and very cautious) little dog that walks around the tables, as if he's supervising the restaurant. Overall, I really enjoyed this restaurant and would certainly return.

• Visited December 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Amazing fish 'n chips”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The Druid has quietly become one of our favorite spots. The food and service are both excellent, and it's also a great place to grab drinks. I recommend the fish (sandwich or plate) or the veggie burger. Get a Guiness to, they pour it just right.