“clean and comfortable”

Cambridge Bed and Muffin
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Cambridge Bed and Muffin
Ranked #9 of 19 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Virginia
“clean and comfortable”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here last year, while visiting Boston with my mom (we were there for a research trip to one of Harvard's archives). We loved Bed and Muffin; it was comfortable and the owner was very nice. The owner, Sarah, has gone out her way to include thoughtful touches (like a stand full of umbrellas, a shelf of reading glasses with various levels of magnification, etc). The shared bathroom on our floor was small but clean. I especially liked the setup for breakfast; it included a number of french presses, with the right amount of coffee measured. All that was left for the guest to do was pour hot water and press (and there were multiple kettles on the stove, ready for use). She had a full-size fridge stocked with yogurts, different types of bread, cereal, milk, soy milk, and orange juice. And on the table there was a choice of jams/jellies for toast and nuts and dried fruits for cereal. All in all, a very nice set-up. After I returned home I realized that I left a battery charger in one of the wall sockets. Sarah kindly mailed it back to me at no expense. If I find myself in Boston again, I will definitely stay at Bed and Muffin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Abby C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have a wonderful time, everytime I stay at the Bed and Muffin. Sarah is a wonderful proprietress, as skilled an executive manager as she is caring and thoughtful. Every potential need of her guests seems to have been considered and you will find laid out, organized and at your finger tips, essential as well as whimsical (but useful!) items you may have forgotten.
make your own breakfast and enjoy the company of others staying there as well - we always meet interesting people. Tea is available to be brewed anytime in the cozy kitchen, making a nice late night treat or a welcome home, when the day of sightseeing has been long. (You will have been walking, since you have no need for a car, the Bed and Muffin being convenient to both Harvard Square and Central Square, and thus, all public transportation.) When I am home, I think back to the Bed and Muffin. Do yourself a favor and give it a go!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JillM189
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor we had booked the three rooms in the B&B for two nights for a family reunion in Boston. Unfortunately we had to change our plans and cancel two out of three rooms for the last night and while doing so the owner mentioned that we could only be two in each room even though there is room for three in them. This would mean that we could not stay all of us. I explained this to the owner but she "got uncomfortable with too many changes" and suggested that we find another place. What kind of customer service is that? I give this a very bad review, even tho we didn't even stay there, as she had no sense of understanding or accommodating her customers!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Sessa79
Greenville, New York, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just got home from Boston, and had to write about the Bed and Muffin B&B. Great location for Cambridge (a walk away from Central Square) and just a few minutes drive to get to the heart of Boston. The entranceway is enchanting, with plantings on both sides of a secluded walkway. Our room was spotless, well furnished, comfortable beds/pillows, and lovely bed linens. There are no tv's (which was just fine with me!) and we shared a bathroom - but never saw the other folks on our floor. The staircase is a bit narrow, but the house cat was sitting there to greet us when we arrived. Breakfast was a "do it yourself" affair, but there was plenty to eat, including cereal, yogurt, granolas, fruit, juice, and various types of toasting breads. The coffee was ready to be made in a french press sitting on the table - just had to boil the water! Lots of info about every part of Boston for the traveler. One of the nicest parts of staying at a B&B is the people you meet at breakfast, and this was true this past weekend! Thank you, Sarah, for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: First floor room is off of the kitchen, there are 2 rooms on the 2nd floor, both lovely, and no clue...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristine R
La Habra, California
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I wanted a place close to our daughter's apartment in Boston. The Cambridge Bed and Muffin was just right for us. It is an easy walking distance to public transportation, so we didn't need a car. The room was really big, and the bed outstandingly comfortable. There is a shared bath, but we never met anyone else in it the whole time, and you only share with one other room. Breakfast was delightful. Juice and milk and lots of cereal and granola choices, with dried and fresh fruit, yogurt, and delicious breads and lots of spreads from Nutella to peanut butter and lots of flavors of jam and jelly. The coffee comes fresh in a French Press, and there are about 30 different teas to choose from. The breakfast table is always set and ready whenever you are, and there is a lovely garden with table and chairs if the weather is nice to enjoy eating outside too. Trays are available if you want to eat in your room as well. The rooms have AC, which is a big help in the summer heat, and the room was very quiet. We didn't hear other guests or road noise the entire time. Sarah is a kind host and there are lots of helpful things in the kitchen like restaurant recommendations and a phone listing for taxi's and tons of guide books and maps of the Boston area. Great place to stay: a real home away from home. We'll be back!

Room Tip: There are two rooms on the third floor, two on the second floor, and one on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Janice F
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have stayed at this delightful B&B a couple of times a year for the last couple of years whenever we come to visit family who live nearby. It is such a lovely place to stay! The host has thought of every detail. Very comfortable beds and quiet rooms. Sharing a bathroom has never been an issue. The breakfast is self-serve and the choices are delicious. The host has guidebooks and maps and museum information readily available. The location is near Central Square, several parks, and the river. It is a pleasure to stay there, and we look forward to our next visit to Cambridge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Traveling2009
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This place was so great it finally got me to sign up for TripAdvisor.

I stayed here one night because my inlaws were coming to town and I live in a very small apartment nearby. So basically I just needed a bed. It was perfect for that, but would be great for so much more.

The attention to detail for travelers was outstanding. Bathrooms are stocked with toothbrushes and the like, everything you could possibly forget. The bed was super comfy and the room was huge. It was easy to arrive late, sleep and leave in the morning (had to get to work). I originally booked for three nights, but then was called out of town for work most of the weekend. The owner had no problem adjusting my stay.

There's tons of great maps, travel literature and local things-to-do magazines available. Being local, I didn't need that stuff, but it was set up with a curated eye.

A decidedly quiet place, there are no tvs, but there is free wifi. And the rate was great. I always offer my pullout couch when friends visit from out of town, but in the case that they need more privacy, I'll be recommending this place over hotels.

Didn't stay for food, but it looked good. Essentially a self-serve breakfast situation.

Worth noting that the Riverside Pizza bar and restaurant around the corner is a good place for cheap, tasty food and drinks, as well as Keno (a sort of video lottery game in Massachusetts bars. Check it out!)

Room Tip: All the rooms look good, but the one on the first floor is right next to the kitchen and entry, so i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank mrchevyceleb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
Kendall Hotel
#1 of 20 in Cambridge
Allston / Brighton
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge

Been to Cambridge Bed and Muffin? Share your experiences!