“comfy, cosy and perfect”

Cambridge Bed and Muffin
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Cambridge Bed and Muffin
Ranked #9 of 19 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Pleasantville, New York
“comfy, cosy and perfect”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The house is set back from the road and has a very leafy, garden feeling. The serve-yourself breakfast was good - with many teas to choose from, and fresh brewed coffee.
The bathroom was stocked with everything you might need or have forgotten - toothbrushes, tissues, cotton swabs etc.
The host is helpful and friendly, but not intrusive.
We would recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank H M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Nice, clean and affordable. You feel at home included the freedom of being on your own if you want to even though Sarah is a wonderful host...if you get to know her! She cares a lot about details and you are going to find everything you need there and more! I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: same style bit difference in size
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank 60890Camilla_81
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Hi,
We really didn`t know what to expect of this place, but it was more that we thought. Sara has created such a beautiful place of the Bed and Muffin. We had a very nice stayed, cozy, we found a delicious and great quality of the breakfast, and the installations were super cute and charming, it was like to transfer ourselves in another time. We will love to go back, I can wait to travel there again and stay more days.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I seem to manage to get to Boston each year lately and I always stay at this B & B - it's clean and the beds are supremely comfortable and the owner, Sarah, is so welcoming and helpful.

There is now a bathroom on the third floor which means that you only ever share a bathroom with one other room.

This time I gave in to my curiosity and looked in the little boxes in the room and found that one of them contained stapler, scissors, pencil sharpener etc. Just what you need if you're away on business. Sarah also provides tourist information, maps, umberellas, reading glasses and in the bathroom there are toothbrushes etc in case you forget the essentials. These are testimony to how thoughtful the she is.

You can see my 2009 review where I put some photos I took.

Cambridge Bed & Muffin is handy for buses and subway; a stones throw from Harvard and if you like going for a nice walk or a run then it's but 5 minutes from the river. I'll even walk into Boston from here on a fine day but it does take about 30 minutes or so.

Basically it's home for me in Boston.

See you next year !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Gillia
Woodstock, NY
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I have been staying here for six or so years. My four little grandkids live in Cambridge and Boston, and I make this my base for visits. It is charming, old-fashioned, immaculate and very comfortable and comforting. Sarah is delightful, a great breakfast companion if you want one, and generous and friendly and helpful. I live in a rural place, and I love to walk and shop and play in Cambridge. This is a convenient and affordable way to get away from home and pretend I'm a native!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Woodstockgrandma
New York, NY
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My husband and I wanted to visit some friends for my birthday but wanted to stay within a budget. I am so happy that we found this B&B. The rooms are huge and the beds are comfortable. There's free Wi-Fi which is fast and easy to connect to. Its in walking distance to both Harvard and Central Square but very quiet and set back from the street. We LOVED the breakfast...especially the granola and cinnamon bun bread. All in all, a great place if you are looking for a comfy, quaint B&B...the price is amazing for what it is.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nyu05
Kansas City
Reviewed February 13, 2010

We began staying here when our son entered college in the area. Now many years (and literally dozens of trips) later, it still can't be beat for value, location and charm. Located between Harvard and MIT, it is the most affordable stay that you can find in the area for parent visits. While still being great for Boston sightseeing with easy public transportation.

Set back from the street and other houses helps to reduce city noises. A self-serve breakfast is available in the cute kitchen that is aptly decorated as a travel agency. This combined with Sarah, the hostess' knowledge and you'll be set for all tourist activities that Boston has to offer.

I'm already looking for an excuse to plan another visit!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank TeaTrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
Kendall Hotel
#1 of 20 in Cambridge
Allston / Brighton
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge

Been to Cambridge Bed and Muffin? Share your experiences!