“Take a Breather”

and up
Haunted Harvard Square Ghost Tour
Ranked #3 of 33 Shopping in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: "The Coop" is the Harvard college store, known for its expansive collection of books, posters and University insignia merchandise.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Coop as it is well known, is a great place to stop and take a breather. It offers a terrific selection of all sorts of books and other materials. The Harvard Cooperative Society was founded by Harvard students in 1882 and established as a cooperative opened to the public. It carries the largest selection of officially licenses Harvard logo clothing and gifts in the area. It has a Coop Cafe that offers very delightful eat in or on to go food.

All reviews
"pens"
"swag"
"annex"

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a member and a supporter of this society so I am a little biased towards it. It was such a pleasure and surprise to receive a check from the Society some years ago, which I meant to send back to support the society. I find the customer service at the shop and online to be excellent. And I am pretty sure our Harvard Alumni or anyone who's studied at Harvard feels pretty much patriotic and positively towards supporting the Harvard Co-operative Society.

I was afforded the best service possible online when I ordered my diploma frame through the society's online shop, and every care was taken to ensure safe dispatch and delivery. It was worth every dollar I spent on it. Thank you so much!

My only suggestion is for the Society to stock my kiddie's clothing and varieties of it. There doesn't seem to be anything for kids between 18 months and 7-10 years. I'm sure we could fill this gap?

Reviewed September 9, 2013

You will probably find the rare book or the magazine you are looking for at the COOP. But this attraction is on the touristy side. You will have to endure the inconvenient, narrow store layout and crowds of students. Definitely avoid the cafe if you can. There are so many better places to get a cup of coffee and relax in Harvard Square.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Although The Harvard COOP has changed a lot through the years, it is still an excellent bookstore. It shows respect for books and learning. It has a lot of space for reading. I do miss the men's and women's clothes department of the old COOP.

1  Thank olivia052
See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2013

When I was living in Medford in 1993-94, I used to come here to buy cosmetics. Clinique, Lancom, and other cosmetic brands were available on the first floor in those days. Also, I could find other non-Harvard items that were cute or interesting. It was like a small department store back then.

I visited the Coop last week and I was a bit disappointed. As for cosmetics, they had only Clinique, and the items sold there were mostly Harvard goods, except for books and stationery. It seemed to be targeted only for tourists.