All reviews wooden beams business trip first floor beautiful room high ceilings beautiful property traffic jam via taxi big city our entire trip interesting history stayed for one night free car parking rooms are great room upgrade breakfast room linate airport
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019

A beautiful property with interesting history and restoration. The restaurant and staff were fabulous....our favorite breakfast during our entire trip! The front desk staff were wonderful and very helpful and informative. Everything was incredible during our stay. A convenient shopping mall is across the street which made it very easy to stock up on trip supplies (and a few bottles of wine).

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Only stayed for one night and wish I could have stayed longer, the hotel itself is in a slightly strange location which has been developed around it, however aside from that it’s a beautiful building and inside it is very calm, grand and peaceful, an interesting history also. I chose to eat in the restaurant and do the tasting menu which as excellent in terms of the fantastic service and quality of the food. Breakfast is a very enjoyable experience also, so calm in the beautiful room with a good choice. I will certainly come again if in the area in the future.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2019

A lovely beautiful hotel and an excellent restoration. If only Hilton could improves the old tired (once) grand hotels in the UK like this.

The hotel team were great - from the reception, to the barman, to the breakfast team.

The hotel was very quiet (low season) which was a bonus at night. Rooms were spotlessly clean and also well equipped with USB ports and tea making facilities.

I did not find it any problem to catch the (very) cheap (1.50 euro) Metro service into the centre of Milan. The centre is very noisy, busy and congested and so is nice to escape. The hotel is next to a big park but it is in an area with shopping centres and industry so it's not exactly peaceful. There are restaurants and grocery stores very nearby as well as metro stations for 2 different lines.

Overall a great stay and glad I tried my first Curio.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
VillaTorretta, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Villa Torretta Milan Sesto, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Grand Hotel Villa Torretta Curio Collection by Hilton.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team.

Valeria Albertini
General Manager Grand Hotel Villa Torretta

Reviewed April 2, 2019

This is a nice Hilton hotel in Milan. While it has its charm as an old historic building, it also has modern bedroom and bathroom. Elevators were fine and the breakfast spread was very good. It was very near our office which makes it good for our business trip. However, it is not convenient for a vacation since it is far from the city center and there is no Metro or public transportation close to it (you will have take taxis to travel around). It is also a good distance to the train station if you plan to travel from the MXP Airport. I was surprised that as a Hilton Honors member, an additional guest will be free and will not be charged extra Euros (which I was mis-infomed when I checked-in.)

Room tip: Open the windows during late winter or earlt Spring since the AC is still not turned on
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2019

Lovely hotel to the north of the centre. Not your normal Hilton, this is an old restored building so every room I have stayed in (many) have been unique. Friendly staff always keen to help and a fabulous restaurant. The wine list is great - just wish I wasn’t having to work the next day when I stay. Location may not work for everyone but it’s not far from the centre by taxi or public transport and it is very good value compared to a city centre hotel

• Trip type: Traveled on business