“3 star hotel”
Review of Hotel Esperia

Hotel Esperia
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rho
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am a Nordic businessman and I arrived t Rho because all hotels t Milan were full booked due to the fashin / design week. I found a 1 night tay in this normal 3 star hotel. The hotel is clean and the personell very gentle and polite. The hotel is near the train station so you hear all the tain calls. Rumourous. Bathroom and room are small. Like the parking and only a couple a lots avaible. But for price quality, you can't expect more.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel a bit noisy due to proximiti to train station. But very convenient for Milan fair, only 15 min. by car.

Rooms ok., double rooms quite big, bathroom also nice size but with a tiny shower, there would havd been space for much bigger and more comfortable shower.

Breakfast buffet o.k. for Italy, but breakfast room quite ugly.

Personnell at reception very friendly and helpful.

After we arrived back home we found out that we forgot charging cable of mobile phone in hotel room. Sent an email to hotel and they said that it was found and that the would post it. This is really great service and nowadays quite unusual!!

Parking space at hotel very limited,make sure to book in advance. Otherwise there is free parking a 5 min. walk from hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to this hotel for a booking error. The location is close to the station. The room was pretty decent and comfortable as the bathroom, but with ventilation worthy of a jet.
I have had to negotiate the price of parking and wi-fi. The noise of the trains, even on the fourth floor was really annoying. The buffet breakfast quite poor. Do not go there again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The policy said I can cancel my reservation 7 days before the arrival. I did so, and I got charged the first night - 190 Eur. I was late due to time difference in our locations.
I called the hotel and asked to keep the first night for me - modify the reservation instead of canceling it.
No, they insisted on keeping the cancellation fee and not providing me any services. In few hours later they've got sold out. So the hotel had no losses, they've charged me and someone else for one room. The only thing I was asking was to view my cancellation as modification of dates - this was free.
The manager is an hysterical women with no notion of respect to others. She can't even listen for few seconds.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marina D
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed here as we had some work nearby but next time I will just stay in Milan and take the train in. Milan central station is just 30 mins away by train. The town of Rho is dead with very limited options for meals. Rather depresssing town. The hotel is next door to the train station which is convenient. The plus points are that hotel is neat, comfortable enough and the staff are very helpful. Otherwise the decor, furniture and food are very average and you could stay at a better place in Milan for the same price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2010

We were here for 4 nights, BIT, Milan, and honestly, I do not understand why a building like this can be qualified as a hotel. IF YOU LOVE TO HEAR during the nights:

people talking next door
people moving above you in their room
every movement on the foyers
people using toilettes in 3 rooms radius
people using showers in 2 rooms radius, than it is your hotel!

IF NOT, avoid!

In the evening it was no transportation, so it was 82Euro coming here from the airport by taxi!

One thing is for sure, it is just next door to the Milan Fair Centre, but it is impossbile to seelp well here. They also sell wi-fi, but the connection is not ADSL, very slow, many interruptions... sorry, never come back again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Tibor4500
Reviewed November 4, 2009

We found this hotel a little far out of the centre of Milan, about a 10 minute train ride into the centre, but hotel is right outside the train station so is easy to find when you get there.
Hotel itself is clean and out room was very clean and had plenty of room.
There is no restaurant for dinner but there is a supermarket across the road and a kebab shop next door. The breakfast is very basic but is included in room so no complaints really.
My only complaint is we booked a taxi to take us into central Milan, as we were too early to get the train, reception staff booked it for us and said it would be 25 euros,the taxi driver charged us 40 euro when we got into Milan.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rho
Italiana Hotels Milan Rho Fair
Fiera Milano Hotel
Hotel Fiera Rho
Hotel Fiera Rho
#4 of 6 in Rho

Been to Hotel Esperia? Share your experiences!