The hotel is situated with a breathtaking view over the lake and the Popes summer residence. Unfortunately we got a very small two bed room (no 201) not much space for suitcases. The larger rooms facing the lake are better, but the ones staying there had no heating that worked (March can be cold!) The restaurant at the hotel is great and offered menus for 25 EUR and the food is delicious. The breakfast buffet offered a good selection of bread, cold cuts etc. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel, situated in the Roman Castles, near Rome, is refined Liberty–style building with two restaurants, meeting rooms, a splendid Roof Garden with outdoor swimming-pool, private car park and 50 rooms. The Historic centre of Castel Gandolfo is only 500 metres from the hotel, where on the main Piazza You can find the impressing Palazzo Pontificio, the summer residence in Italy of the Pope and a visiting place for thousands of tourists every year. The Hotel is only 30km from the ¨Leonardo da Vinci¨ Fiumicino airport and 6km from Ciampino airport of Rome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castel Vecchio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castelvecchio Castel Gandolfo
- Castelvecchio Hotel Castel Gandolfo
- Castel Vecchio Castel Gandolfo, Italy - Rome