“Romantic lakeside meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2017

We've come here many times now, it gets better each time.

The setting is very lovely by the lake.

At dinnertime, the pizza ovens are fired up. Our neighbours' pizzas all looked amazing. We had the porcini which was probably one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

Staff are always very friendly. Prices are very reasonable. Huge pot of mussels for EUR 9.

Reservation recommended.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I have recently been eating at the Restaurant I Quadri, in Castel Gandolfo, 20 minutes south of Rome. Honestly, every side of this visit has been outstanding. First, the scenary, which is really breathtaking ... The restaurant sits (almost) on the shores of lake Albano, which is one of the most important and pictoresque volcanic lakes in Italy. One would stay there forever, admiring the sheer beauty of this geographic gem.
Secondly, the food experience. I could taste a delicious sea carbonara, which I had never had before, and I must say it was really very good. Then I tasted a couple of desserts, a crumbled cake with berries, and an artistic cake of chocolate and peers. Both were stunning, in their simplicity.
Third, the simply welcoming and familiar atmosphere added something very nice to this already enriching experience.
An outstanding total, which compels me to go back, if possible.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Lovely restaurant. Good is already consistently great. Staff is kind and friendly. Seafood is fresh. Really done of the best food.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here (convenient) after spending the day at the lake. The beautiful view and lakeside setting is the draw card here, service very friendly, they'll make an effort to speak English to you. The food however isn't memorable. The Caprese salad simple (can't mess that up), seafood salad I believe was frozen but not uncommon to be.

The pizzas are meant to be great but only available at dinner time.

Would go back if in the area but wouldn't go out of the way for a meal.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

Friends took me to this place and glad they did. The place is typical Italian rustic look.. warm and cosy .. overlooking the lake. Started the meal with Bruschetta which was hard to resist.. all 3 adults went for Tagliata di Manzo - on rucola with shredded parmigiano. It was cooked to perfection. Accompanied by a nice red wine.. intense but went well with the meat. One can't help watching the parade of dishes being served...wondering if that is better than what one took. Prices were reasonable. We have plans of visiting the Castel Gandolfo in summer and for sure will be back in this restaurant.