“Rooms very clean”

Econo Lodge Ft. Payne
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Fort Payne
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was a working trip, so the hotel we stayed at had to be as cheap as we could get. This was the lowest priced hotel in the area, and I was pleasantly surprised. The fron desk clerk was very nice, and our room was very clean. There was a refrigerator and a microwave, and it was a good size room. We will definitely stay here again in the fall during our next work weekend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Melissa S

Reviewed May 17, 2012

After staying at this location 2 weeks prior and there not being much other choice, we stayed again. I was confronted in the parking lot by the manager screaming at me. I was again confronted by the manager in the lobby but this time he was 2" from my nose screaming at me. Manager accused me of having a dog in the room and then charged me after I left an additional $25 for the alleged dog in the room. Manager went so far as to scrape up some kind of hair and mail to me - GROSS!!!!! After I checked out and left the lobby, my friend was checking out and the manager said, "She's a damned liar!" Rooms are not very clean, pool was not open and the manager is scary! I thought he was going to hit me when he was 2" from my nose!!! Everybody in the lobby, guests and staff, were staring. After I turned and walked out, my friend went him and he was still screaming so loud, she couldn't talk to a staff member.

Room Tip: My best tip is to stay somewhere else in Ft. Payne. Days Inn is next door. I'm in Ft. Payne fr...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dana_lou2
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We had a nice sized room that was clean. It had a frig and microwave. The staff was very friendly. It was close to the freeway and many restaurants nearby. Our only problem was the noisy heater but we were grateful for it as it was cool outside. My husband got up during the night and shut it off and then we slept well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We chose to stay at the Econo Lodge in Ft. Payne Alabama because their rates were so much better than others in the area. We were pleasantly surprised to find this to be a clean, well maintained hotel whose employees from desk personnel to cleaning staff were very pleasant. The breakfast that is included is much more extensive than most "free continental breakfasts". Shortly after arriving our vehicle died and the owner of the hotel went well out of his way to drive us into town, not once but twice, to pick up parts so that we could repair it. The local police patrol the area routinely so it is very secure... one of the officers also gave us a ride into town when the parts that we had purchased didn't solve the problem. Hats off and many thanks to Ft. Payne Econo Lodge and Ft. Payne Police Department!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We make frequent trips to a location in Alabama and we always stay in Ft. Payne the night before we are to arrive. We have stayed at many of the competitor hotels in Ft. Payne and have found this one to be the best for the money. While this is not a "new" hotel, they have upgraded/decorated to stay in competition with some of the more expensive hotels. The selling point for me is rooms are always clean, appliances in good repair & the staff is always professional & courteous. We will continue to make this our 1st choice when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms surrouding the pool area are quieter in regard to traffic noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

front desk lady was nice and very helpful the room was clean the price was what i expected i recommend this place

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I came in from Milton Florida and picked this Econo lodge to see if the reviews were correct. I found that the night clerk was very friendly. The morning clerk and the mid-day clerk were also friendly. I met the manager and found him to be very friendly. I was even treated well by the cleaning staff and the young lady in the mornings for breakfast. I stayed the weekend and could not find one rude employee. The rooms were very clean and the rates were very reasonable. I came in with no reservation and had no problems.This hotel deserves the best rating and the negative comments I found to be very unfair. I travel a lot and read the reviews and like to see how reliable they are. The manager and the staff deserve good comments on a job well done in customer service all the way around.I recommend this Econo lodge as one of the top places to stay and will use on all my visits to Fort Payne. Thank you to the staff for an enjoyable weekend. Julie Maki

Room Tip: The staff was always helpful if you needed anything, all you had to do was ask.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Centre
Super 8 Rainsville
Super 8 Rainsville
#1 of 1 in Rainsville

Been to Econo Lodge Ft. Payne? Share your experiences!