“Better than I expected”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Fort Payne
Shawano
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Staff here was very friendly and helpful to us. Location next to the freeway is nice, though the driveways are tricky. It has a partially shared driveway with a Days Inn. All facilities were average, not worse for us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stay here a few times a year when my job sends me here. My only complaint would be the pillows on the bed are flatter than most-I usually bring a pillow when I come. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring one this trip.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank corona08
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We had a confirmed reservation, but upon checking in we found the desk clerk so rude we turned our key back in and left.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nanya
tennessee
Reviewed February 3, 2009

The king-size room had micro-wave and refrig, bed was clean & comfortable, the heat/AC unit had high noise level in our room. Breakfast was okay. Good enough for $65

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank MrSpencer61
New Orleans
Reviewed October 13, 2006

After driving all day, we called Econo Lodge at 11p.m. to check rates, upon checking in 15 mins later, I was asked to pay a higher rate ! When we were walking out the door to leave, the clerk said "well, I do have one room left at that rate, but it is upstairs" (we NEVER said ANYTHING about floor preference). The Clerk seemed annoyed with us at that point. When we handed him our credit card & drivers license, he said in a VERY rude tone "the name on the license does not match the name on the credit card!" At that point I had had enough of his attitude and replied in a frustrated manner "YES, it does, look again!" He then came back with "ARE YOU ALWAYS THIS RUDE?" I apoligized, and stated no, but YOU seem to be annoyed that we are bothering you by attempting to check in, he proceeded to roll his eyes at us.
Upon entering the room, we found the towels to be dirty, they even had a dirty wash clothe hanging on the shower rod! There was toothpaste residue in the sink, and the pillow cases seemed used!
The next day by phone, I attemped to inform the owner, Mr. B. Dave, of our bad experience, he did not want to hear it, and cut me off, and stated in the following words "I DO NOT CARE". Then he hung up!
My advise to you, AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — It was there when we were tired of driving!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING ELSE!
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank emmakitty
Super 8 Rainsville
#1 of 1 in Rainsville
Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro

Been to Econo Lodge Ft. Payne? Share your experiences!