“A good place to stop for breakfast”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Fort Payne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was visiting a friend in the Fort Payne area and we went for breakfast. Cracker Barrel is nothing special, but a good place to stop for breakfast or while traveling. I had the Old Timers breakfast here and it was a good value for the money with lots of food. Actually it was too much, LOL. I was looking for omelets on the menu, but didn't see any offered. Is this because of being in Alabama were things like grits and sausage gravy are common? If I recall correctly omelets are offered in Pennsylvania restaurants. I will have to investigate.

Enjoy

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stopped here on our way out of town. They were very busy but with only two of us we were seated immediately. Our server was at our table in less that a minute and took our orders. She checked on us regularly which made this a nice experience. Overall we were very pleased.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were nearing the end of our trip "back home" for Thanksgiving when we spotted this restaurant as we got off of the exit. We're glad that we did. We were seated promptly and service was excellent, and the food was good.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I met a friend for an early dinner before we went to a meeting. Our server was friendly & in no time we had our beverage and dinner. I had grilled catfish, turnip greens & a small tomato, cucumber & onion salad and cornbread. It was very tasty. The grilled catfish wasn't a big portion, but was fine for me. During our meal the server checked on us several times & refilled my coffee. A manager also came by to check on us to see if everything was all right. Because of our prompt service, we were actually early to our meeting. I do think it was somewhat pricey for what I had. After leaving a tip, it came to close to $14.00 which seems high for a meat and two in a small Southern town.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Typical Cracker Barrel except they only serve breakfast until 11a which was ok with us cause you cant find many places for breakfast over in Mentone. The Manage kept checking on everyone around to see if all was good.