“Clean and Great”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fort Payne
Cleveland, United States
“Clean and Great”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very clean and hospitable hotel. Would stay at again. Wasn't recognized as HHonors member, but that is ok. Pool was nice and taken care of. Very easy for my family to enjoy. Would recommend to families and or business travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Biloxi, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our check-in was quick, the staff was friendly. Everything was clean. Really glad to use the guest laundry room. Beds are extremely comfy. Free internet service. Hampton Inn is always a good choice and this one in Fort Payne is excellent.

Grottoes, Virginia
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were traveling to visit relatives in Mississippi and over-nighted in Fort Payne, AL. This is not the first time we have stayed here. The Hampton Inn brand consistently provides easy reservations, convenient and clean rooms and a good breakfast to get you going. Rates vary between the different properties and states. Usually we shop for the best rate when making reservations.

Hampton Inns are where we have found the same level of service no matter which state we are in and if you are a member of the Hilton HHonors program, you earn points with Hampton Inns & Suites.

Would recommend this property in Fort Payne because of it's service and convenience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 8, 2014

As a Hilton Honors member, I only stay at Hilton group hotels with Hampton Inn being my favorite because of the consistency, service, and cleanliness. Do not expect the normal Hampton here.

Check-in: not friendly, no welcome back, and the elderly clerk clearly showed "some sort of disdain" for my sister and me. Message me if you want more details. There was also a strange smell in the lobby.

Room: there wasn't a non-smoking room available so we settled for smoking. The smell was so horrible (like it had not been cleaned at all) we had to go out to buy odor spray and leave the door open just to breath. The towels are old and crunchy. Again, not what you expect from Hampton Inn.

Hotel: the hallway carpet is just gross - torn and stained. In the room it was so impacted with dirt that it is permanently dark.

Breakfast: didn't bother based on seeing reviews from others just now.

Verdict: though there are not many hotel choices in Fort Payne, I will do my research next time. Just never thought I'd have to comb reviews for a Hampton Inn...anywhere! I certainly overpaid for what I got and won't be back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you love your Hampton Inns. This one will ruin you.
1 Thank Shazzee
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 4, 2014

After driving all day and visiting with friends I had not seen in years, all I wanted was a good night's sleep before an early start in the morning. Hampton in Ft. Payne did not fail to deliver. The room was clean and well-appointed with everything I needed. Breakfast in the morning was up to the usual standards for this class of hotel.

The only surprise was when I attempted to enter my assigned room late in the evening. I tried the key several times, and finding myself unable to enter, I went to the front desk. My second effort, using the new key card brought a woman to the door to inform me that the room was occupied. With this information, I retired to the lobby again, informing the perplexed desk clerk of the situation. She promptly settled me in an empty room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hoover, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was there for a quick busness trip, I got therte late and i was tired. I noticed when I came there were a bus losd of 10 year olds on a class trip. I thought this is going to be a long night. No the Hotel staff was already aware the the posibility of noise. They had my room ready on the first floor. i went to my room and had no issues at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you have stayed at any Hampton Inn and had a pleasant experience, you may as well have stayed here. We spent a free night, thank you Hilton Honors points, while we were clearing some land we had purchased nearby. It was very clean, very well maintained. The breakfast was very consistent with what we have had at Hampton as well. Not a big fan because of all the high carbohydrate selections but I made do just fine. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Centre
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Scottsboro

Been to Hampton Inn Fort Payne? Share your experiences!