“Friendly Staff & Nice Rooms”

Hampton Inn Fort Payne
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fort Payne
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My dad and I frequent this hotel twice a year when we attend the Talladega Nascar race. Its about an hour away from the track but it is definently worth the drive. The staff is very accomodating with even the smallest requests. The hotel also has very easy access to the interstate and the surrounding town of Fort Payne. Many restaraunts are close by and we love the chinese restaraunt pretty much directly across the street. Rooms have always been great and fresh. Last time the only room left was a smoking double and neither of us smoke so I typed in the comments please assign a non smoking if availible and thats exactly what they did. They came through for us big time when I know they didnt have to. All in all a great location for our racing needs and we look forward to staying here again in May!

Room Tip: Our rooms have been interstate side everytime and we do not hear a thing as the hotel runs on a sepe...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 16, 2013

clean, quiet and a good value!!! Person working the breakfast area did not seem too happy with her job. However, the breakfast was excellent. The coffee was a real good roast, very bold and tasty! The front staff member that checked us in, Rachel, was extremely helpful and welcoming, you could tell she was a pro at hospitality!

Room Tip: get a corner room away from the elevators
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had a few hotels to choose from in Fort Payne. I chose Hampton due to the comfortable beds and great breakfast buffet. Once again Hampton came through for me with a great night sleep, due to the bed, and a pleasant breakfast. It seems you can always count on The Hampton Inn anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Arrived late and they had everything ready to check in. The room had a smoke smell to me but not my wife. Breakfast was minimal compared to other Hampton's I stayed at and the lady working the breakfast area didn't appear to be too happy. Check out was good.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We popped in to spend the night en route to nearby Cloudland Canyon. Clean as a whistle and nicely decorated. In spite of their proximity to the 'main drag' and to the highway, we spent a peaceful evening. Lots of local amenities and restaurants nearby -- good traveler's rest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here 6 times on business in 2011 and 2012. I always found the rooms to be very clean, comfortable, and adequate. As a woman traveling alone, I also felt safe. The front desk staff was outstanding, always prompt, courteous & helpful. The bed was always comfortable and the bathroom is plenty big enough for one or two people. It is also close to several restaurants. Only 2 very minor comments- It is so close to the Interstate that if you are a light sleeper and have good hearing, you can hear highway traffic. This never kept me awake however. Also, the coffee at the delicious breakfast buffet was not strong enough for my taste! These are the only 2 minor complaints I can think of. If you are fortunate enough to have a little time on your hands while in the Ft. Payne area, visit beautiful Desoto State Park or Little River Canyon. This is a truly beautiful part of the state!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Birmingham_ALKaren
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here for business and I travel often. You get off slowest elevator ever and smell of smoke hits you (no air conditioning in hallways either). Extremely outdated room with stains on carpet, furniture and walls. Also, door doesn't shut all the way you can see big gap. They updated lobby and first floor but seemed to have forgotten the rest of hotel. Front desk not the friendliest either. I'm also diamond hiltonhonors and usually receive water, snacks or cookies at other Hamptons but nothing here. Lastly, it's way over priced.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
bcad21, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Payne, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that the look and feel of your room was not up to our usual brand standards, and we are working to correct the issue. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we are actively working on freshening our guestrooms and common areas. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us again, we would love to have you and hear your feedback on our updates.
Thank you.

22 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Scottsboro

Been to Hampton Inn Fort Payne? Share your experiences!