“Nice hotel, but not cheap”

Hampton Inn Fort Payne
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fort Payne
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Not cheap, but very clean and quiet, except for the truck noise from I-59 on the East side of the hotel. Other than that, everything was great.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the East side of the hotel, closest to I-59.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Fort Payne

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. After my first night there, I noticed very large welts throughout the next day all over my body. I counted 15 of them on my back and arms and legs. When I got back to the hotel that night, I checked the bed throughly and found bed bugs! I immediately informed the front desk. They switched me to a different room that wasn't infested. The hotel did refund me for the one night but I still had to throw all my stuff away and now I am paranoid I brought them home with me.

It is a nice hotel and the staff were good but stay here at your own risk.

Room Tip: Room 204 has bed bugs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank David L
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I've stayed here 3-4 times over the last few years and it is an excellent Hampton Inn. The prices are high for NW Alabama (I stayed at Hampton Inn Scottsboro for half the price). But their prices are comparable with the Holiday Inn across the street. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly. Although this time I did have an issue checking in with my credit card which was pretty embarrassing and wasted 20 minutes. The person at the front desk kept insisting my card was declining yet I called my credit card company while standing there and they assured me my account was fine and that there hadn't even been any recent requests for authorization. Seems like someone may not know how to use a credit card machine...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Nice, newer Hampton. Located near restaurants and shopping. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Appsbill
Reviewed June 12, 2010

They routinely overbook and when you arrive they try to send you to the days inn if you refuse they put you in a smoking room and then welch on the satisfaction guarantee very poorly run hotel

2  Thank Lorddouchebag
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Spent one night at Hampton Inn, it was excellent. Inexpensive, comfortable, clean, roomy. The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was great. I was amazed. I will always look for a Hampton now.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I found it very difficult to find a descent hotel in fort payne. The hotel selection is pretty crappy, econolodge, days inn, hojo. Then there were the hit or miss chains like holiday inn and hampton inn. I choose the hampton inn because it offered a better rated and 100% satisfaction guaranteed and believe me it takes a lot for me to be satisfied. I found this hotel to be fairly new, or renovated recently. It is right of the interstate with plenty of parking. The beds were very comfortable and very clean. The only complaint I have about this hotel is it is expensive for the area (compared to the crappy hotels anyway) and they allow smoking in some rooms which can limit availability for someone like me who requires a non smoking room. But this is fort payne after all so availability only becomes a problem during the alabama band fan appreciation weekend.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 10 in Scottsboro

Been to Hampton Inn Fort Payne? Share your experiences!